[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hi Auxbox

Well it was a disaster updating from the Android system update screen. It booted up with MX Linux penguin logo them went to the same MBOX logo screen the box gave as default and booted into Android 4,2 but now no XBMC app showingHuh.

Anyway finally found the reset hidden button by inserting the toothpick into the AV jack plug socket where I could feel at the back and it clicked in as normal. Anyway it would only boot back into Android even with the button held in. So tried it with the SD card in and it went through a normal Linux boot up from the SD card but obviously loaded the G02Ref firmware on there as that is what the bootloader still pointed to. So changed the parameter file which I edited to point and load the new G18Ref zip file I had on te3h same SD card and hoped it would work. Well I did eventually see the recovery screen after it tried to load the G18Ref firmware in but with a fail and nothing would work as it was all locked up. A reboot simply went through the same procedure. So tried booting without any card in and absolutely nothing just a blank screen but the blue light on the front of the box still lit.

Looks like the parameter file is only for the G02Ref installs even though now edited to point to the G18Ref zip file you sent me. So maybe it needs a different boot up loader for the G18Ref boxes. Also the box apparently is not badged CMX but just MX and the supplier tells me this is the original genuine box and the CMX one is a poor copy. In Android the system info did indeed say G18Ref. Now I have a bricked box that will try to load the firmware but just fails each time and will only boot to the update loader from the SD card now same as a G02Ref box.

Looks like this is not going to be a practical box to buy and wil have to stick with the ATV1220 boxes which have replaced the what I feel are likely the best boxes for Linux the ATV1200 boxes. So can you help with a G18Ref SD card loader update to make a bootable SD card Linux update set.

BTW updated my ATV1200 box to your new Linux Helix 14.1 and it works a treat with no problem found so far. No problem playing files either even full HD with DTS sound from either a plugged in hard drive or from my NAS Drives via the LAN, all play perfectly smoothly.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-03-24, 12:03
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5