[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hi Ed, Good to see you on here and yes I got your email too mate regarding this. I see my good brilliant friend AuxBox here has been giving you great advice already so cannot add anything more..

For info though I too had to short the pins on a Linux Gotham 13.1 box a friend had that for some obscure reason suddenly ended up so it just stalls at the flash screens when you normally boot up. Would not flash to EmbER with the convert files either, as it installed okay but left same hang up you now have with being stuck in the EmbER displayed boot up screens.

The shorting of those pins worked for me after several attempts and using different bootable SD cards. Finally I used a simple Linux boot SD card with the usual recovery files on it but no image file, and with the shorted pins it finally placed me in the usual android recovery screen with the usual options. So I powered the box down and then successfully and normally installed the new main EmbER build from XDA with the convert files, and that was now of course without shorting the two pins. His box is now working like a charm and he is a happy bunny with EmbER running solidly :-)
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2015-04-19, 07:59
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5