[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Finally I went and upgraded my ATV520e from Geniatech Linux running Frodo. For whatever reason I chose first to go for MX Linux Helix 14.2. My choice was affected probably most that I didn't want to go through reverting to Android, as some recommended with EmbER.

I did straight upgrade. Easy and fast. Everything seemed to work well, alhtough I had red leds on all the time. I liked especially being able to shutdown and power on the box with remote. Some problems with some of the mythtv recordings, but really minor things.

Then I read about others experiences in EmbER. I downloaded 1.01 release, which is latest as of now. I didn't want to go through Android this time either, so I did straight upgrade. No problems this time either. Remote does not power off the box, but it powers it on. Any chance get that to work with remote.conf?

I like EmbER, and I think I will stick with that. I use my box mostly for livetv with mythtv pvr addon and watching recordings. I have same issue with same recording as I noticed with MX Linux running Helix 14.2. Couple of crashes too, but I'm impressed.

I'm escpecially interested in OTA upgrade as an option, since tell you the truth, everytime I have to flash the box, I'm afraid I will brick it.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by sonicov - 2015-06-25, 03:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5