[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-08-11, 08:06)raymw Wrote:
(2015-08-10, 13:54)p_turner_uk Wrote: Hi all

I have an issue I have not seen before, my ATV1200 is running Ember and after many happy months with it it developed an intermittent display issue (occasionally it would flash up a green screen for a millisecond during playback).

I decided to revert to android and reload Ember. However when doing the usual sd card / holding down reset it just goes straight into Ember start screen as normal. I have tried several sd cards and 2 loads of files to revert (the one on the ember section and the normal revert to android files).

I even tried to upgrade to V.101 with exactly the same results..... any ideas anyone? the box is still functioning and apart from the display issue everything else seems normal.

There is a bug in the display system and has been for some time but it is only apparent with 1080i mode. Change to 1080p and the problem should disappear with any luck, With 1080i my the bug manifests itself on my display as a vertical sync flicker about every 8 to 10 seconds. So from what you say this known bug could well be the same cause of your problem but a slightly different manifestation with your different hardware. Of course it may not be the same cause of your problem at all, but so easy to try this potential work around fix that it must be worth the small effort.

As to the revert problem well many of us have had that from time to time but you will need somebody form the Ember development team to answer that one for you as way above my limited capabilities. I have found strangely that reverting form the earlier EmbER V1.0.1 to Android using their own revert files, then okay I get back to Android but still no way that I can then install MX Linux Helix 14.2 to that box as you can normally with a virgin Android box, odd so something radical has changed which the revert does not restore. Sure I can install EmbER V1.0.0 or 1.0.1 again but NOT MX Linux versions Huh?? THsi is on ATV1200 and ATV1220 boxes by the way so all G02Ref based boards.

Thanks for the info. That box was definitely already on 1080p. I have several of these boxes and swapped it for one of my others that works fine (for now). I will definitely look into Embers own revert files if I can find then and give that a go. Many thanks! Smile

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by p_turner_uk - 2015-08-11, 09:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5