[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-08-15, 18:15)Robikonobi Wrote: Has anyone else run into unicode font problems with the default ember skin? ... I am also unable to install the default confluence skin (it doesn't show up in the main kodi repos).

Ember is not the 'default' skin for Kodi, you use the term default as in unaltered Ember. And because the Confluence is default skin in Kodi, it doesn't show up in Kodi repository since it is already installed (and being default skin it can't be uninstalled either) - go to Settings, Appearance and there you see your current skin listed, click on it and you will find there is Confluence there, just click to activate it. Skins that are installed don't show in 'Get more skins'... Nod
========================
Quote:"AuXBoX: now theres only 2 versions to consider, ember and my compile of 14.2"
Quote:bobones: Just install EmbER or AuxBox's 14.2. These do 1080p and are much faster than Android.

OK you got me sold on it, I understand the 'AuxBox's 14.2' is the "Version 2. ... Helix 14.2 Compiled 14-04-15" from the first page here... right?

bobones I like the thing you mention about replication of configured Kodi. Also found I can't use Putty or WinSCP to get into Android firmware because the SSHDroid doesn't work (third party app needed for Android), again as with many apps, it might work on Android phone but not on Android box like this one. The interface of the app is messed up, can't start the server, even when using mouse to control it, never mind its add supported... I guess Linux Kodi editions have the SSH server (or what its called) present by default and you don't have to install any such helper program?
The only and also easy way to connect into Android box I found is the TeamviewerQS - gives full remote access to Android desktop (or Kodi as well) and launching File exchange does what WinSCP would do, at least in essence (like you have to edit config files on PC, not directly on the box). If TV-QS for Android didn't have such elaborate initial permissions to get access, it would be great app, but as it is.... Confused I am very much disappointed with Android apps generally, in fact the more I play with Android, the more I see what a POS OS it is. Sad and that's why you finally persuaded me to try out the Linux way. One downfall though might be if there are issues with Linux install running 24/7, that is ON for weeks and months, as I have read here that some people have the box freezing up if they leave it running overnight.

Do any of you running Linux tried TViewer and if so, how do you install it on this distribution like the 'AuxBox's 14.2'? Is some of the info given on the official page here relevant?
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/363-H...ution.aspx
Besides tech use such as retrieving files to and fro between Linux and desktop PC it also provides nice remote control of Kodi from you desktop (or whatever you use TV client on).

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by van141 - 2015-08-17, 11:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5