[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2016-03-01, 06:40)cfox Wrote: Hi themightylc,

This exact thing just happened to me. any update? what did you end up doing with your 520e box?

(2015-11-22, 14:44)themightylc Wrote: Hello. I, proud owner of the donator edition, have a few Problems with my ATV520e with Ember 2.0.2 installed.
  • upon start i get a "script failed: system settings" error
  • I cannot call EMBER settings - same error
  • I have no network connection to the box (via ethernet) whatsoever
  • i can neither update/downgrade to another linux version or revert to android. Holding the reset button at the bottom of the box just boots up ember every time.

Any help on ANY of the problems would be highly appreciated. I cannot use the box at all at the moment, I need network access - don't care if it's on EMBER or any other system.

EDIT:
This is the error i think is related to the problem (first error in log). without network access it is extremely cumbersome to check the logs though.... so i don't think I'll be able to post much more... Sad

19:22:46 T:1195144224 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (19, 'No such device')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.system.settings/service.py", line 4, in <module>
from resources.lib import onrun
File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.system.settings/resources/lib/onrun.py", line 6, in <module>
from resources.lib.update import rsspyota
File "/root/.kodi/addons/script.system.settings/resources/lib/update/rsspyota.py", line 66, in <module>
File "/root/.kodi/addons/script.system.settings/resources/lib/update/rsspyota.py", line 50, in getserial
File "/root/.kodi/addons/script.system.settings/resources/lib/update/rsspyota.py", line 36, in getHwAddr
IOError: (19, 'No such device')
-->End of Python script error report<--

Hi!.
Same problem here with Ember 3.0.1 in a EM-6 Generic Box (g18ref - mx2).
In the installation, eth0 was not detected (I edited manually /etc/network/interfaces to add eth0 dhcp line), and not wifi adapter at all (i think the problem is related to Broadcom wifi drivers).
But magically the problem was solved, plugin a wifi usb dongle!!! I connect to the box a belkin n300 wifi dongle and I can enter the system settings with no problem. Everything in the menu works (backup, plugin installation, entering serial for donor edition, etc)
I upgraded the box to 4.0 donor ember edition without problem, but the script problem still remains. If I unplug the wifi dongle, the system setting script doesn't work (problem related above). If I plug it, it works.
I think the problem is a bug in the system settings script related with wifi detection.
Thanks a lot. Ember works great!
Best regards.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by elogi - 2016-06-09, 09:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5