[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2016-08-12, 19:44)vtecatalan Wrote: Hello everyone, and especially to raymw.

I have been busy these last weeks and I have not been able to dedicate time to these tasks.

I followed the advice of raymw, and tried to start clear my box. Comment that I wasn't successful with the closed box, so I had to resort to open it to make a unbrick using pins 6 and 7.
Not in the first attempt, but if after some the more I could enter the menu of android. After this the device left with the LED in red, and however much I try to make the unbrick unsuccessful.

I used the " BootcardMaker.exe " tool to format the SD card and then I followed the steps as such, but I get nothing. I have no HDMI signal.

Someone comes up with something you can be doing incorrectly or that this forgetting some way?

Is recoverable box or can and throw it away?

Thanks for everything.

You say you could get to the main recovery screen Huh If so your box is no longer bricked, if indeed it ever was. Once in recovery screen then do the factory reset and clear cache too as well to be sure. Then you should be able to install EmbER V3.0.1

If you do NOT get to the normal recovery screen, as I was not sure whether you did or not, then you must try to unbrick again a few times taking great care to follow instructions to the letter and using no more than say an 8 GB or better 4GB (as I used) SD card to make the special bootable card. Then make sure that you definitely are shorting those two marked pins 6 and 7 by making sure, with the box switched off, that you clean the pins of any insulation clear coating that may be on them. Don't forget to hold in the recessed reset button the whole time whilst you short the pins and connect the power to the box. You may need an extra set of hands of course or find a way to wedge the reset button in safely (i use a toothpick wedged between the chassis case and the reset button at the back to ensure it is held pressed in),

If it still keeps failing and you get no display on your TV screen at all, then it would seem that your box has damaged hardware, usually as a result of nearby lightening as rarely do these boxes ever fail hardware wise. Cannot help much more only to say that the unbricking procedure if followed to the letter has never failed as long as the ATV1200/1220 box was not hardware damaged. I have unbricked about 10 now both 1200s and 1220s, and other folk have reported full success too.

If you want then you can ship just the box only to me here in Thailand in a suitable jiffy bag with extra bubble wrap for safely. I can then attempt to unbrick it for you, install Ember and return it to you by registered airmail. Please PM me for details as I do offer this service normally just for my non local customers. If it cannot be fixed then clearly it will need binning and your only cost would be your shipping costs to send it here to me. There will be no charge from me if no fix is possible. If fixed then you will need to send me my charges for unbricking and upgrading your box to EmbER with all my latest suite of add-ons and settings, and which includes the EmbER registration fee and return international registered airmail packing and shipping, PM me for details if you want to take advantage of this.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - by raymw - 2016-08-13, 10:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5