[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2016-08-13, 15:50)ed_davidson Wrote: @vtecatalan. Also make sure those pins are scraped really really well of insulation as some people were not getting a good connection across the pins.

Another possibility is that shorting chip pins is not the same as shorting the solder points on the other side of PCB - due to possibility it being double layer PCB. Still another possibility is the folks saying 'tomorrow is wiser today', that is give it a break and try next day. But likely as you say, especially chip pins can make poor contact due to oxidation over years, you have better chance on the solder.

I suppose I can restore the 'Backup' from my MX-Linux Helix 14.2 onto Ember 3.0.1 ? I suppose there could be issues with the Helix - Isengard differences? Anyone did try restoring backup from Helix to Isengard?

Also that remote.conf file from ray, the one that pops up a menu choice when pressing Power button still works for Ember except it seems it goes into different location?

-------------
Edit: Flashed Ember 3.0.1 and it looks I will get the nag remainder every start/reboot? I am getting second thought about this. If you give something to public, you got to make it clear up front on the download page there will be nag screen or whatever if you really don't want to make it free (as in free beer as they say).

However I was able to restore my backup from Helix without any issues so far, including the custom skin I use 'Confluence hwy-2015 mod'.

The remote.conf from Helix doesn't seem to work, that is it won't shutdown the box, also when I used it to go 'Home' when I stopped watching a movie, it went to Home screen allright but then the OK button and the four arrows didn't work, had to pull the plug on it. But the pause and stop movie playing works fine.

How would I go back to MX-Linux Helix 14.2 without using that Android revert image from Ember site? BTW why is that revert file so humungous? Even Ember seems to be very large, 105MB no less.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - by van141 - 2016-10-02, 06:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5