Win Having difficulties
First I hope everyone had a good christmas.

Second, so I have had xbmc installed for a while now on our laptops, tablets, and have an Android TV. I picked up from a friend a older desk top computer. Currently have been working on it but I am having some grief with XBMC, I finally have it running but I am unable to load an repositories and add-ons. I ahve upgraded all the drivers for just about everything.

The computer is running Windows XP with SP3. Pentium 4 Has a 128gig harddrive and 2G ram. I am freezing alot when in XBMC with both the 12.2 version and 12.3 version. I have added a new source to pull from but they do not want to load, and freezes.

I am wondering if adding more ram will help the run speed and/or upgrading to Win7

Anyone else have any ideas or information to run this at top shape (for the age of the computer anyways)

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year
graphics card?
(2013-12-31, 03:56)wes paich Wrote: graphics card?

What would you recommend for a graphic card just something simple with a HDMI?
nVidia GT610 or 620 or 520. All supports 3d and hd audio bitstreaming.
If you just want it to run XBMC and you're not bothered about losing the windows junk (xp is knocking on a bit now) I'd suggest putting OpenElec on it. Run it off a CD or USB stick if you want to try it out without actually installing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having difficulties0