Android XBMC remote can't access hosts thru WAP
Here's an interesting problem. I have a wireless access point in my basement to compliment my main router because I live in a big house. The basement WAP is connected by powerline ethernet to my main router upstairs. Each one has a separate SSID (home & home2). I was able to setup the XBMC hosts for the remote from my Galaxy S3 using my main ssid (home). When I put in the ip address it was able to find and enter the MAC address. I put in the username, password and port 80 and all is well.

The problem becomes when I try to access it using home2 (WAP SSID) on my S3. I get "connection refused" and it won't connect but as soon as I use "home" again its back with no problem. I even tried to set up using "home2" but when I enter the host IP the MAC is all 00's. This is with all 3 HTPC's I built. It wouldnt be much of a problem but the living room HTPC is out of range of "home" and is using "home2" (WAP) to connect to my network and internet. Ironically, I can control that PC with my phone as long as I'm in range of "home", which is on the other side of the house.

I checked to see if there was a firewall on my TP-link WAP but there isn't. I'm figuring it may be a DHCP issue since it can't find the MAC address when I enter the HTPC IP. I'm letting my main router handle DHCP. I wonder if this is why it won't work with "home2".

Any thoughts? I really appreciate the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC remote can't access hosts thru WAP0