Help on my final decision
I'm going to upgrade from my Pi shortly and have spent the last week looking at my options. I've managed to narrow things down to 2 or 3 options but can't make my mind up on my final choice. Thought i'd put down my 3 contenders and see if anyone has any comments (good or bad) on my choices.

With regards to criteria :

I need something with a SPDIF port for AC3/DTS (old amp with no HDMI) as I've made do using the stereo headphone jack into the amp with the Pi. I'd now like to pipe AC3/DTS into the amp with the new device

1Gb ethernet

Internal Storage OR option for SATA HD attachment in the future. I currently stream from a mediaserver but would like to have certain things local (Photo's etc) at some point.

Budget of £100-£200

In the end I've managed to draw the line at these 3 devices

Lenovo Q190 £200 : 2 x 1.6Ghz Intel Celeron, 4GB RAM, 1Gb NIC, 1TB HD

Acer Revo RL70 £200 : 2 x 1.65Ghz AMD E450, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1Gb NIC, 750GB Sata HD

Zotac ZBOX ID42 £160 : 2 x 1.1Ghz Intel, Nvidia GeForce GT, 1Gb NIC, Space for internal 2.5" SATA HD, NEED TO BUY RAM

Anyone care to comment on my choice of any of the above devices ? I'm edging towards the Acer Revo since I've read the video/gfx performance of the AMD Radeon seems to benchmark better than Intel HD but how accurate this is I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help on my final decision0