Android XMBC output 1080? I can't see the edges very well
I got one of those Midnight MX2 devices and I'm not sure that this is a direct XMBC issue because I know that XMBC does output to 1080p but my TV is showing 1920x768 or whatever it is anyway the point is I can't see the edges where the clock and other icons are at the top; but I can see them on the 3D launcher which is different than the XMBC itself and of course the native launcher also has this issue too.

So I should contact the hardware manufacturer for help or can anyone help me here in this regards? I have tried to change it in setting to a lower resolution and it did not help and IIRC the last time I plugged in an Android device to my TV I remember having to tell it to downscale to TV mode on my Motorola Droid Razr which is quite old compared to today's standards.

I appreciate your efforts and time in advance, thanks for bearing with a new user of this kind of hardware (but I have no problem with Android, that's why I got it!)

thanks again guys Smile
go to settings in android.
Display, and change the scale.

You may want to check the hdmi settings while you are there and check its outputting to the highest resolution allowed by your tv
(2014-01-04, 01:20)riaz1982 Wrote: go to settings in android.
Display, and change the scale.

You may want to check the hdmi settings while you are there and check its outputting to the highest resolution allowed by your tv

That's what I tried doing; nothing improves it; in fact using facebook on the device makes a lot pictures pixelated until I click on it then they look a bit better so I suspect that's normal and IMO its acceptable in that aspect.

And no its not outputting to the highest resolution allowed by the TV I need to figure out how to take a screenshot of that, its a little different than having a touch screen Wink
ok so here's what I found out: When checking the TV source info it says its displaying at 1920x1080 but XMBC is saying 1280x720 maximum it won't give me anymore choices

I don't know about the launchers, 3D launcher seems to have it all together, but the Android 4.2 launcher doesn't and I can see part of the clock and I can't see the status bar like I would on a typical table the same with XMBC again I can't see the status bar only part of the clock and some other icons.

I tried using the forum viewer; I can't seem to login somehow that feature isn't available (but I do have tapatalk just not installed)

how do I find out what version XMBC is on it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC output 1080? I can't see the edges very well0