Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)
(2014-05-09, 17:27)schissern Wrote: Hi there,

I still get the message that amazon is incompatible to my xbmc 13.0. Has anyone else the same problem yet?

I know almost nothing about addon development (but I am a dev) so I was able to update the addon.xml file in the plugin folder to the following to make it work on Gotham:

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.amazon"
       name="Amazon"
       version="0.7.2"
       provider-name="BlueCop + Romans I XVI">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
    <import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup" version="3.2.1"/>
    <import addon="script.module.demjson" version="1.4"/>
    <import addon="script.module.mechanize" version="0.2.6"/>
    <import addon="script.module.amazon.database" version="0.0.2"/>
    <import addon="plugin.program.chrome.launcher" version="1.1.1"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
             library="default.py">
    <provides>video</provides>
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Amazon Prime Video Streaming</summary>
    <description>Movies and Television Shows for Prime Members[CR][CR]In order to use this addon you must have Chrome Launcher installed.</description>
    <disclaimer lang="en">Some parts of this addon may not be legal in your country of residence - please check with your local laws before installing.</disclaimer>
    <language>en</language>
    <platform>all</platform>
    <license></license>
    <forum></forum>
    <website></website>
    <email></email>
    <source></source>
  </extension>
</addon> 

You must make sure that the imports are the most up to date version. The main part is change the python version from 1.0 to 2.1.0 but I updated everything just to be sure. Also, the current app (0.7.1.) refers to an amazon page which apparently doesn't exist any more. This can be found in addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/play.py:

finalUrl=url.replace("http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/","http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/streaming/mini-mode.html?ie=UTF8&asin=")

The mini-mode.html page doesn't exist or has been renamed by Amazon. So in that code you can comment out everything after "finalUrl=url" and do the same to the code a few lines below it (in other words, don't replace the real URL with the mini-mode.html URL). This will at least cause Chrome to launch with the correct product page being shown. You still have to click on Watch Now and then click on Full Screen or type "f" to watch it correctly. With some additional xdotool commands someone may be able to automate that part, although it's kludgy as hell.

If anyone knows of an alternative to the mini-mode page, I'd love to hear it. Some diligent googling returned nothing.

Messages In This Thread
[PATCH] Add login page - by stealthdave72 - 2014-01-15, 02:57
Export to Library Not Working - by LastChoice - 2014-01-15, 06:57
RE: Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux) - by OGpedxing - 2014-05-28, 05:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5