Video of my ambient lighting setup
(2014-01-25, 00:30)teeedubb Wrote: Yeah using PlayClaw. It still needs some tweaking but its the best Ive had it so far in windows.

My ws2801 leds didnt come with the adhesive backing, they were different to the other types of led strips ive seen as the led strip was inside a rectangular soft rubber casing. I placed them facing back from the tv because it was the easiest route, placing them facing out would have required a frame or placing them on the outer edge of the tv(I never thought of doing something like you did). After watching your video though I wonder if having them facing out would make a difference with my setup (a wall mounted tv) and diffusing the colours a bit - a minor gripe that I have is that in some scenes its too colourful, eg the other night there was a scene in modern family and on the bottom of the tv there was a distinct section of aprrox 20cm length of green, then a section of red, then green, then yellow etc.. its kind of distracting. But Im in the same boat as you, tv is over 40kg so its not going to be changed any time soon (last time the wife and I took it off to rewire after buying a avr almost ended in divorce and a broken tv hehe).

I agree that in certain scenes, the LED's can be distracting, but, for me, some of it was the novelty. I couldn't even approach the wife for help with this kind of thing :/

(2014-01-25, 00:37)nickr Wrote: I had originally envisaged the light strip lying flat against the back of the TV, shining backwards and reflecting off the wall. Pointing how you have them makes more sense and makes it much simpler to turn the corners. The hooks could leave it all a bit loose, and I will explore some gentle tensioning, perhaps with some sewing elastic.

Anyway I have ordered my lights, how long did it take for yours to turn up?

14 days and that was over the Christmas holiday.

(2014-01-25, 00:57)tential Wrote: Thought this was cool but I just watched the video and realized the light show can be directly correlated to the music....

Damn, I already used to throw bangin parties, and I'd always have either music vids or a crazy visualizer on my 70 inch TV, but having the LED light show to go with would have been cool. Wish I had thought of that, I'm now very interested in getting one of these set up.

Yeah, all of my friends want me to throw a 'rave' type party. Thankfully most of them are all Mars fans like me. People are just going nuts with all of the publicity that Jared is getting with his awards for Dallas Buyers Club.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video of my ambient lighting setup - by KenV99 - 2014-01-25, 01:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video of my ambient lighting setup0