• 7(current)
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems
t3ch 4-27-06 same problem. i'll post another log with the new build tonight.
latest log with april 27th t3ch build

http://rapidshare.de/files/19387440/xbmc.old.log.html
jadedhalo.. i'd update your wrtsl54gs if i where you.. i can't see anything being done wrong on our end.. i can see the request for the sub directory, but the server is returning the parent dir isntead.

it is using a rather old samba version.. 3.0.4 from the log. and there might be some incompatibility with newer versions. i'm trying to getahold of some samba dev to look at the log, but i'm not hopefull..

the exception error, i'm more hoping to find the root of.. will add some more logging to cvs and hope we can findout where it is breaking.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

unfortanetly, ive updated with every known firmware on the planet. i can post a march 28th log, which is the last working build for me, if you would like to compare. i dont doubt its the wrtsl54fs's fault but there is nothing i can do on that end of it. xbmc on the other hand used to work fine. thanks again for all your time with this elupus.
post that long. could be interesting to compare.. i have one minor teory. if you could try and do exactly the same thing wth the two builds.. then i can diff them easily.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i also have a teory on the exception problem.. thou i kinda need somebody who can compile themself to contact me, as i kinda don't want to put it in cvs before checking if it is correct

okey, i'm still hoping somebody who can compile and has the exception generated problem to get in contact with me..

as per my earlier posts, i am also having problems with the new smb port interacting with the linksys wrtsl54gs and the argossy landrive (i have both).

it's a little disappointing, as the only problem i have with the 3-28 build is the 'big directory' issue with the landrive, which i can fairly easily avoid. (but now the shoutcast support is broken in that build, sigh)...

elupus, i'm not in a position to do compiles, but if you are still interested in comparison logs between the 3-28 t3ch build and a 'current' t3ch build, i am prepared to generate both sets for you.

do you want them?
i have 3-28 and the latest t3ch build sitting on my drive waiting for me to get a log alsp. i didnt forget, just been working alot. i should have some free time this weekend i hope to get logs from both.
i have the same problem too.

i am using vgear landisk (with latest firmware as per their web site: landisk)

i then connect this landisk to my linksys wrt54g.

when i use my xbox (xbmc build 1.1.0 : mplayder dev-cvs-060420-17:33-3.4.4) to connect to the files in the landisk, xbmc will hang almost immediately.

i have only 2 files. sob.
i am glad i found this topic, i was about to buy me one of these drives.

has the problem been solved yet?
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
plugh, yes i'm still interested in those logs.

elupus, where are the setting to set logging levels for smb and xbmc now (5/28 t3ch)? got a 3/28 log ready to go but need to get a 5/28 one to compare.
ok here are the logs from both 3/28 t3ch and 5/28 t3ch. i did the exact same steps to get to wrtsl54gs/music/test/test2/test2.mp3

3/28 - http://www.box.net/public/cfuixu7u5a

5/28 - http://www.box.net/public/l01m8qcv1m

i hope this helps elupus
logs of smb browsing with both 3-28 and 5-28 builds
for both a landrive and a wrtsl54gs uploaded via
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/upload.htm
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems0