• 3(current)
Time for a new or improved WebRemote interface?
i can send you the private message to show that i have his permission if that works?
nuff said
heh unsure what you mean but lets "give it a try" Confusedaint:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i've started a little work.

this is *very* early, very ugly, code... just so i can play around with actually pulling the data off the box (i tried it with ie (what i use) and mozilla (holy crap xml in mozilla blows).

test.zip

put both files into the web folder and go to http://xboxip/test.html

all it does is allow you to browse around your music and video bookmarks, clear the current playlist and see the playlist contents for the current playlist (these actually refresh every second and if there are changes, updates the display).

i'm stripping the <html><li>...</html> stuff off, and moving the actual data into xml doms, but then turning around and making it into li's for this simple display. obviously, more final solutions would do something nicer... but this was a good start to actually getting the data out of the system.
i'm currently making a draft for an xml interface (so that you do not have to strip <li> and such and do not need several asp pages. will see if i can post something later this day so we can share some ideas about it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sad 
maybe this is off-topic but have you guys checked out the 'improved/enhanced/updated' webremote asp interfaces by kanadakid and harshreality (don't think they made the cvs)?:
webserver default.asp update by harshreality (with old pm2 skin) (link)
project mayhem iii style webremote interface including some new stuff for default.asp, by kanadakid (link)
i've been using the updated web interface... it is mainly a graphics update.

this thread is really talking about adding in massive new functionaltiy, not just a new face.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Exclamation 
but there is some updates to the .asp file that would be nice isn't it (plus a nice looking pm3 skin wouln't hurt either)
liquid's script after attempting to run it is very alpha. it actually almost crashes firefox on me. i tested it in ie thinking maybe he coded it for that and it actually crashed ie for me. so i'm thinking its gonna require a lot of modifications if we expect to get something stable from his work.
nuff said
goofygrin nice work, like darkie i also was looking at adding to the webserver.cpp to add this xml output. but thought id start with some graphics designs first.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
well, i've spent a couple hours on it this morning. hopefully i'll be able to put something else out there this evening for you to look at.

right now, i've got a little "mini-player" ui, and a playlist display that shows you what's playing.

working on integrating in the file browser and album art and then i'll probably post something.
[email protected], you might want to wait with the xml interface. both doing the same work is a bit overkill Smile

Quote:[email protected], you might want to wait with the xml interface. both doing the same work is a bit overkill Smile
i'm not writing any cpp/python code...

only using what's currently available, so he can have at it Smile

(just got album art to work, yeah!Wink

goofygrin, i tested it out. good concepts for sure. it seems like we need to get a gfx person involved on these efforts, cause none of us seem to be that type of guy. i'm gonna toy around with it and see if i can get your code working in firefox.

[edit]well it seems that it does work in firefox. apparently the first time i tried to run it something went wrong but it must have been my settings or a minor bug. definitely sweet. :thumbsup: [/edit]

nuff said
(drakethegreat @ mar. 04 2006,22:38 Wrote:goofygrin, i tested it out. good concepts for sure. it seems like we need to get a gfx person involved on these efforts, cause none of us seem to be that type of guy.  i'm gonna toy around with it and see if i can get your code working in firefox.
it works in ff... at least on the new version of ff i've got on my system?
ok, i'm probably done for today...

here's the code (it will replace the old, just so you know):
test-2.zip (unzip, ftp to your /web directory, run http://xboxip/test.html to see all the goodness)

here's a couple screenshots:
in ie
in firefox

sean

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time for a new or improved WebRemote interface?0