• 28(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
(2016-02-18, 10:19)un1versal Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 19:41)oyvindo Wrote: Can someone please explain in plain english which file to use, and how to install it?

read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2057084

I tried that. I extracted the content of the dist folder and ZIP'ed everything into a new file, but still Kodi complains about the structure.
( I must admit I do not understand un1versal's explanation at all)
you dont zip anything, read what it says.
(2016-02-18, 13:44)un1versal Wrote: you dont zip anything, read what it says.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I will make another attempt to figure out how to do this.
Could you please explain where to find the "addon" path ? Huh
Same path as your userdata (wiki)
Using WinSCP i found a folder named ; /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KODI/opt/kodi/share/kodi/userdata/
Using File Manager in Kodi itself, I found a folder named special://profile/addon_data/

So I copied dist with all its content into both these folders and renamed it webinterface.kodi

But then what (assuming I'm on the right track)? How do I tell Kodi to find, load and install what's inside the new folder?
I could not find any of these two folders at all using; system --> settings --> Add-ons
There are only two options in there; either "Install from zip file" or "Get Add-ons"
Neither can be used to locate and select a folder or a file (other than a zip file).

Please help...
This isnt exactly brain surgery here Smile but OK, lets try this once more.

If you read the userdata (wiki) link I gave you, you see where the right path is, what you did was partly wrong, because you should never mess with system paths which is what "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KODI/opt/kodi/share/kodi/userdata" is.

So undo what you did on that path, then read http://kodi.wiki/view/userdata#Location_...ata_folder pick your platform and navigate to that path which is the userdata your looking for.

HINT you will know you are in right folder when you see all your other user installed addons in there in their extracted form.

If this is a QNAP consult the Qnap documentation for the right userdata directory. (Qnap is not an officially supported platform, hence its not in the Kodi Wiki.)

Then you grab the dist folder and upload it there and name it as instructed.

Installation done, what you just achieved was to bypass the zip file extraction and write into the correct folder Kodi does, no further messing around necessary. Now when you navigate to the folder addons via Kodi UI the webinterface should be there, proceed with configuration and use it.
A fresh Web UI for the XBMC. This is an excellent platform where you can browse the movies, shows and music from your own web browser. It delivers comfortable ways to stream media through XBMC in the browser.

HTML5
(2016-02-19, 08:24)un1versal Wrote: This isnt exactly brain surgery here Smile but OK, lets try this once more.

Oh dear! Being a brain surgeon probably does help... Wink
I decided to start clean so I uninstalled Kodi completely, cleaned out all left-overs from the root folder, downloaded and installed Kodi 15.2.1 again, and began hunting for the right folder.
Eventually - I've got it working. I appreciate all your help - I don't think I would have made it without... Blush

However, not without frustrations. This is what I did to make it work:
I copied the renamed dist folder into : /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KODI/opt/kodi/share/kodi/addons

Putting it in the usershare folder was a no_go.
Why the above worked, I have no idea, but it did.

Again, thanks for your your support. (Perhaps one day I will be a brain surgeon)
Thats not the right way to do it, but if it works, it works, you really should not touch system folders, you will find out why when you upgrade Kodi or some system update wipes that up for you.

You can always apply to be a rocket scientist, or, if you're creative you could be suited for Rocket Surgery or Brain Scientist.
Obviously, I do not know enough about Linux folder structure to understand the difference between system folders and other folders.
If you wish to educate me, you're welcome :-)

I searched my whole system trying to find a folder named 'usershare', this is what I found. If there is another one somewhere else, it beats me....
(2016-02-19, 11:16)oyvindo Wrote: I searched my whole system trying to find a folder named 'usershare', this is what I found. If there is another one somewhere else, it beats me....

Probably because its name is 'userdata' not 'usershare' Wink
Beebox N3150 - LibreELEC 7.90.009 | Synology DS212+ NAS 6TB
Panasonic DMP-BD65 bluray | Yamaha RX-A3030 AVR - Kef KHT3005SE 5.1 speakers | Optoma HD87 projector - Exclusiv-Home 2.8m 16:9 screen
(2016-02-19, 13:00)incubus Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 11:16)oyvindo Wrote: I searched my whole system trying to find a folder named 'usershare', this is what I found. If there is another one somewhere else, it beats me....

Probably because its name is 'userdata' not 'usershare' Wink

So much for brain scientist position, cant even read... Big Grin

(2016-02-19, 11:16)oyvindo Wrote: Obviously, I do not know enough about Linux folder structure to understand the difference between system folders and other folders.
If you wish to educate me, you're welcome :-)

I searched my whole system trying to find a folder named 'usershare', this is what I found. If there is another one somewhere else, it beats me....

Right aside for the comment above by incubus, let me try to explain to you in simple manner what user folders/directories and system folders/directories, its fairly simple (take it as a simple explanation)

You have root directory or / if you look at it youll see many directories and some files...
In a typical Linux distro you should have a directory named /home (everything inside /home is the typical user system/folder where programs usually write/read their user configurations to/from. (like Kodi does)

Everything else outside home is system folders/directories with some exception to directory /mnt or /media which is used usually for things like external media to be mounted to i.e. USB/BD/DVD
Please disregard that. It was a typo from my side. I meant to say 'userdata'.
Considering this :

(2015-08-11, 19:40)un1versal Wrote: Try
Code:
~/.kodi/addons/
(.kodi is a hidden dir in the home folder)

I searched for 'userdata' in both /usr and /home and /root, but it was nowhere to be found (I have "show hidden files" on).
If thats a Qnap that would explain the stupidness. They tend to do things in non standard manners, which imo is wrong.

That said Im 100% sure that they must have some directory that userconfigurations are written to, buut thats up to you to find out and ask their support or in their forums.

If http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=118507 is anywhare accurate its the dumbest and most idiotic way to implement user directories in Linux, mostly because its unsafe. \Also if thats accurate it means your userdata is somewhere in /root

/root/.kodi/

Qnap are idiots, plain and simple.
Ha, ha Rofl I love that statement! (from brain surgeon to idiots - it not a long way)

At least - now I feel a little bit better.

But I can assure you, there is no folder named /root/.kodi/ on my NAS:

http://i.imgur.com/bgbiogH.jpg
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10