Clearing cache using iFile
Hi all, I hope someone can help me.

I'm having the dreaded cache is full error message whilst streaming on xbmc on my iPad 3 iOS7 Sad

I've looked at the wiki and it suggests using advancesettings to increase the cache size, but it also mentions that in the latest Frodo the cache is already defaulted to '0' writing to the local disk and supposedly clearing on closure.

My question is, using iFile what is the path to locate the cache files so that I can delete them manually, and anything else like unwanted thumbnails and screen freeze frames..

This problem has only started affecting me in the last couple of months, and I've been using xbmc on my ipad for the last year and a bit. Is this something that will be addressed in Gotham?Big Grin
The default in Frodo is still to use RAM. Unless you're completely running out of memory on your iDevice, there's not really anything that can be deleted to improve XBMC performance. In other words, something else is likely the issue.
(2014-01-16, 19:31)Ned Scott Wrote: The default in Frodo is still to use RAM. Unless you're completely running out of memory on your iDevice, there's not really anything that can be deleted to improve XBMC performance. In other words, something else is likely the issue.

Hi Ned, thanks for getting back.

As this seems to be a widespread issue looking around the net, what could possibly be causing it, as no one seems to have a real fix.

I just manually deleted a load of thumbnail files in the userdata folder amounting to about 100mb. Hopefully this will do the trick

Fwiw I got there: Var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata

Update: just tested, streamed for 3min in and stopped!Sad
It's not a widespread issue with XBMC. It's an issue with the add-ons that you are using, due to the clamping of bandwidth that the file storage locker sites use. Sometimes it will play okay for a while, but then the bandwidth dips down, and XBMC can't save enough video for it to keep playing smoothly. All that message means is that it will have to stop again to refill the cache.

About the only thing you can do is increase the cache size, and since the iPad has a low amount of RAM, I would use the 0 option the wiki mentions so it caches to internal storage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clearing cache using iFile0