Cannot Scan Music Albums Into Database
this problem has been bothering me for a few days and i still can't find any help anywhere to fix it.

i was using 01/20 t3ch build before and i could scan music albums into database without a problem. later on i upgraded to 02/16 t3ch build and could still scan music albums into database fine. but after a couple of days, all the sudden the context submenu for scanning into database doesn't show up when i press the white button.

i did not change the keymap nor did i do anything to the skin. so naturally i thought it must be a corruption in my database. so i went on to delete everything in /albums/ and killed the gamesaves in tdata and udata as suggested by the official user guide. that still doesn't help!

i was so fed up with this so i went on to format the entire drive and rebuilt the system and had a clean install of xbmc. then i uploaded all my music files again to the xbox hd. and i still see no context submenu when i press the white button!!!

somebody please help me... i'm so pissed off at this machine now.
if you don't see the context menu, then either the keymap.xml file is not standard, or the skin is not standard.

the context menu is always displayed if you are focused on the list otherwise.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well i'm quite sure it's not the keymap coz context submenu shows up everywhere else except when i press the white button on a music album folder in my music.

as for the skin, i didn't modify anything and just used the original in the t3ch build...
i have the same problem. i have to use an old version of xbmc installed in other directory to scan my music files and then import the db into the new one. i tryed with various keymaps and skins but the problem persists, even with the latest ones, only with old compilations i can use that feature.
i found the solution! the problem occurs when use <usepcdvdrom>yes</usepcdvdrom> in xboxmediacenter.xml. you need to change the line to <usepcdvdrom>no</usepcdvdrom>. it's not a fine solution but it works for now. i'm starting to think that change the dvd of the xbox was a wrong idea.
(cyberpotatoe @ mar. 24 2006,00:55 Wrote:i found the solution! the problem occurs when use <usepcdvdrom>yes</usepcdvdrom> in xboxmediacenter.xml. you need to change the line to <usepcdvdrom>no</usepcdvdrom>. it's not a fine solution but it works for now. i'm starting to think that change the dvd of the xbox was a wrong idea.
cool thanks! i'm going to try it as soon as i get home today and post the result here.

hopefully it will fix my problem too... but coming to think about it, disabling dvd-rom sux. i spent quite a bit of effort modding... Sad
open a bug report on sf regarding this. this is certainly not by design.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Scan Music Albums Into Database0