Behringer UCA202 DAC, only Pulseaudio. XBMC Gotham
Hi!
I'm using a Behringer UCA202 DAC for my home theater setup. When I choose audio output I can only choose Pulseaudio. I get a lot of noise that I didn't get before with Frodo and OpenELEC. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for reading the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PulseAudio
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-02-02, 15:10)fritsch Wrote: Thanks for reading the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PulseAudio

Stupid me, didn't find that Smile Thank you so much! Smile
@janpfo: Btw. the "noise" happened with passthrough enabled?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-02-02, 15:54)fritsch Wrote: @janpfo: Btw. the "noise" happened with passthrough enabled?

I can't configure passtrough. The only options I have is default audio output pulseaudio and pulseaudio. The audio output settings is nothing like the wiki article.
Yeah, you also need to read about "Settings Categories" - by default in gotham you need to switch to "Advanced" to have those options.
(2014-02-02, 16:25)fritsch Wrote: Yeah, you also need to read about "Settings Categories" - by default in gotham you need to switch to "Advanced" to have those options.

Do you recommend using ALSA instead? It's a dedicated HTPC and I only use XBMC.
Yes - of course. Don't use Pulseaudio at all for this.

If you recheck the FAQ, perhaps you can find your scenario :-)

Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge pulseaudio libasound2-plugins
(2014-02-02, 16:34)fritsch Wrote: Yes - of course. Don't use Pulseaudio at all for this.

If you recheck the FAQ, perhaps you can find your scenario :-)

Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge pulseaudio libasound2-plugins

Thank you so much, I'm using the wrong keywords when I'm googling, haha.

Code:
sudo apt-get install alsa-utils libasound2

Is this the only thing I need to do?
Alsa is already there. No need to install anything.
(2014-02-02, 16:39)fritsch Wrote: Alsa is already there. No need to install anything.

Thank you again! Smile will Google some more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Behringer UCA202 DAC, only Pulseaudio. XBMC Gotham0