Release 3D Enabler Samsung TV
I also find myself with an "H" series Samsung after the holidays.. Just reading through this thread and hoping someone has made some progress and just not updated it?

VB,
No, you will have to press the 3 d button on your tv remote.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the reply, I see now that after some additional reading that Samsung no longer uses port 55000 for IP communication.

1 follow up question, is there a way to create a shortcut for the remote instead of having to dig to the 3D menu levels?

Some additional info. which I'm sure everyone is aware, Samsung must be doing some type of similar communication because I'm able to use my iPhone to control the TV using the "Smart View 2" application...

VB,
Hi

Please note that for those 3D Samsung TVs that do not have a dedicated 3D button it is STILL possible to program a universal remote to send the TV a 3D button signal and the TV will still respond to that !

In my case, I had a Plasma Samsung with 3D that had a remote that had a dedicated button. I then upgraded to an H series LED LCD that is also 3D but has no 3D button on the remote.

I programmed my Logitech Harmony 700 remote to control the TV and I made it learn the button code for the 3D button from the Plasma remote.

When I push that button, low and behold the LED LCD H series recognises and up pops the 3D menu !

The firmware on the TVs actually knows what to do with the 3D button signal, they just didn't put a 3D button on the remote controls because .... well, I don't know why actually, it's ridiculous, but they didn't.
Perhaps they are foreshadowing the entirely predictable demise of the 3D fad.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi everyone!

I as well ended on this thread, i changed my old TV to a samsung new H series, and get the same error as most of you. I'll try to help Masakari when i get some free time. I'm going to start digging into the apk sources you provided, or i'll try to trace communication using the PC app home. I don't really know python to try directly with Kodi tho, but if i can get any info i'll post it here.
So i finally looked a bit into the files Masakari upped.

The result is not as positive as i hopped to :/

I could find the Pairing services. So i know the exact steps done for the pairing to be successfull, but it's nothing you can't guess by just capturing network communication. I tryed to get the exact mecanism for the pairing exchange on step 1 and 2 (step 0 is only a "isServiceAlive?" step), but that's where things went unlucky : the methods doing so are native. Which mean there's native library on the device that take care of that part. The load of the library "Pairing" is called, so i expect it to be in libPairing.so (which apparently rely on libcrypto.so), or something close for the name.

the culprits are these methods, which lies in this native lib.

public native String clientstep1(String s);
public native String clientstep2(String s, String s1);
public native String clientstep3(String s);

I don't have a device with access to this lib on hand and i'm not sure that ARM disassembly will be that easy Smile

Still i find that weird, that mean that a non-samsung android device would not work with the TV (which confirm why i couldn't find any app that work with my tv on my nexus, and why the samsung app is unavailable)

I think going further would require to have a look an the Smart View 2.0 window apps. A quick look with hexedit made the SmartView2.Devices.dll looks promising, but dissassembling those is not within my comfort zone. If i get some more free time i may give it a shot.

Hope someone interested can take over!

EDIT : I did have a look in the end. All relies on SCPApi.dll. I don't know what is made inside it atm. The calls made on it are rather simple, but i don't know how i'd use it from kodi, nor i really know python. If someone want more info on it, i'll gladly post it here.

Regards
I decompiled both SCPAPi.dll and libPairing.so. The most readable code was in libPairing.so. I have a pseudo-code C++ file generated with IDA. I can identify the three clientstep functions.

However my C++ is not that good and I'm having trouble trying to understand what the algorithm is doing. But it is possible to outline the generation of the string used in GeneratorServerHello with the pin code.

Send me a PM if you want more info and/or the decompiled file.
Hi,
I've recently bought an H series television and I wanted to make this work. Let me know how can I help.
Thanks for this awesome work.
me to with the H series and I have to say I hate the samsung TV, no pass through 5.1, low quality interface, big plastic boarders and the spider stand I hate the most.
has anyone figured out how to make an enabler for LG tvs??
Yes look on github, there are serial and network versions.

The trouble is on LG there is no way to switch to an absolute mode, ie there is no "switch to sbs" or "switch to tab". You need to activate the 3D menu, then navigate left or right to the setting you want and then press OK. Unfortunately the menu comes up in the same place as last time so there is no way of knowing how many left or right presses you need.
Here is the app I was thinking of http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1297750
With your Samsung TV on Lan connection. How exactly do you download the 3D enabler from Github? Do you do it through the Kodi file manager in PROGRAMS. Thank you for any help in advance.
Just wanted to say what an awesome addon this is - vital to my setup. Now running W10/Kodi 15.1 and new Samsung TV and its still going strong. Great work Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Enabler Samsung TV5