Gotham Nightly Discussion
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for those of us running the Nightlys to discuss stability, new features etc. I will be updating this post as I run into new information.

Here are a couple links for information on the commits and code being submitted to the github:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulls?direc...ate=closed

And:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/master
Smile 
Nothing better than starting on a happy note..
I'm loving that I can resume my bluray movies, and see the number of chapters and time.
It can play blu ray movies? from disc?I would LOVE to be able to use xbmc for blu rays. I do have a drive in the PC in case it is added in the future. I would like to get some import USA anime titles as the companies like to miss the UK out.

Messing with power DVD is too faffy. At the moment I use the ps3. Unfortunately sony have locked down the format so much that you need some sort of mod chipped blu ray player (which retail at a little too much).

I love HD, but would also like some freedoms with the format, but as usual the studios are clueless. And so.... this is why we have the mkv format. Oh well.

(sorry guys, not tried gotham yet, might do it when it hits beta, but I might still wait for the full version. From what I hear though, it has some good features and fixes)

That reminds me, I need to update my sig, as I have a new system. Amd A10 based.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
On the flipside, the broken windows NFS side of things means I am pretty stuck with Gotham (and Frodo 12.3 for that matter). Usually around this time I start playing pretty heavily with the next version so I can help out finding issues etc, but having to move from NFS will be a real blow and is a bit of an unexpected regression roadblock. Unfortunately seems like it may well make it in to final Gotham too, given time constraints (which are completely understandable - not having a go!).

My favourite new features, although I have not played with them much yet, are extensible home menus, PVR improvements, and Musicbrainz support (should I get around to picarding all my music appropriately!). And Android becomign official of course - it seems pretty decent onmy Nexus 7 and I think this will open up alot of reasonably priced hardware options, at least for secondary installs etc. But ideally I'd like to be able to give a pre-loaded xbmc machine to friends and relatives and/or use this sort of thing as a holiday machine.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I'm running the Feb,01 nightly and seems to be running pretty well. For some reason the menu seems to scroll smoother then 12.3 did. Anyone running the latest nightly?
Something else for music video (maybe all video? just tested for music video) it will extract cover art from mp4 file metadata and use it as the thumb, instead of using a video frame captured from the video stream. It still would be nice, though, if you could use an album thumb for music video album view.

A setting option was added so if MusicBrainz ID is included in music metadata, you can select if the data on MusicBrainz will override your tag data or not (applicable to album name, album artist name, and artist name AFAICT).

scott s.
Been running the Jan30th Nightly and so far no problems apart from getting Cinema Experience to work, but this is probably nothing to do with the nightly and more to do with my setup. Will report back but so far when trigger CE XBMC says Working then crashes. Odd.

Otherwise, the play to upnp screen and sharing stuff is a welcome addition!
A setting option was added so if MusicBrainz ID is included in music metadata, you can select if the data on MusicBrainz will override your tag data or not (applicable to album name, album artist name, and artist name AFAICT).

scott s.

I have noticed that some of my music tags were overwritten. So I had to turn the tag writing off and go artist by artist to make sure I wasn't missing anything from my library.

Edit: also is there a link that so that I can view the commits that take place for nightly to nightly?
Something like https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulls?direc...ate=closed
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/master
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thank you guys. I'll update the op with this info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Nightly Discussion0