• 165(current)
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)
I tried going from version 8 to 9, and XBMC shows no status when loading from zip. I deleted 8, and now neither 8 nor 9 will load. Ideas? Using Newest Gotham.
----I got 8 back. No settings changed or anything. It is exactly as I had it. Weird. I'd still like 9 or an idea of how to initiate mods...
(2014-06-01, 06:51)McButton Wrote: I tried going from version 8 to 9, and XBMC shows no status when loading from zip. I deleted 8, and now neither 8 nor 9 will load. Ideas? Using Newest Gotham.
----I got 8 back. No settings changed or anything. It is exactly as I had it. Weird. I'd still like 9 or an idea of how to initiate mods...

There seems to be a problem with the zip file. Someone mentioned before that you have to install it manually by unzipping and then placing the folder into your AppData/XBMC/addons folder.
(2014-06-01, 08:19)BugRaider84 Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 06:51)McButton Wrote: I tried going from version 8 to 9, and XBMC shows no status when loading from zip. I deleted 8, and now neither 8 nor 9 will load. Ideas? Using Newest Gotham.

There seems to be a problem with the zip file. Someone mentioned before that you have to install it manually by unzipping and then placing the folder into your AppData/XBMC/addons folder.

About a million times. Seems to come up everyday, almost twice! Hope everything with Warlion is ok.....
(2014-06-01, 08:56)Batiatus Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 08:19)BugRaider84 Wrote:

About a million times. Seems to come up everyday, almost twice! Hope everything with Warlion is ok.....

Hope so too
Maybe he's just on a long vacation...
I am sorry if I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I have asked this question a number of times and it hasn't been answered yet and it is the only thing I need to fix. Anything I run through the smart playlist manager will not update unless I do a library update or restart xbmc. This includes - widgets and info line information. My playlists work just fine as sub menu items, and the widget works but will not update information ( percentage of movie watched). I have 2 htpcs and both have this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it?
I tried turning on the 'update widget when entering home screen' function, but this does not work. I have read on the 'Skin.Widget' forum that there is a possible bug in that option?
Can someone please help.
I have all the addons needed for this skin installed.
(2014-06-01, 10:30)bolter Wrote: I am sorry if I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I have asked this question a number of times and it hasn't been answered yet and it is the only thing I need to fix. Anything I run through the smart playlist manager will not update unless I do a library update or restart xbmc. This includes - widgets and info line information. My playlists work just fine as sub menu items, and the widget works but will not update information ( percentage of movie watched). I have 2 htpcs and both have this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it?
I tried turning on the 'update widget when entering home screen' function, but this does not work. I have read on the 'Skin.Widget' forum that there is a possible bug in that option?
Can someone please help.

Have you tried the widget settings in the menu where the Smart Playlist Manager is located. One option allows random items to be updated every time you return to the home screen.
(2014-06-01, 11:57)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 10:30)bolter Wrote: I am sorry if I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I have asked this question a number of times and it hasn't been answered yet and it is the only thing I need to fix. Anything I run through the smart playlist manager will not update unless I do a library update or restart xbmc. This includes - widgets and info line information. My playlists work just fine as sub menu items, and the widget works but will not update information ( percentage of movie watched). I have 2 htpcs and both have this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it?
Can someone please help.

Have you tried the widget settings in the menu where the Smart Playlist Manager is located. One option allows random items to be updated every time you return to the home screen.

Sorry but that's the one that doesn't work for me.

Edit: Just tried a fresh install on a different PC and everything seems to work correctly.
So it looks like a complete wipe and fresh install tomorrow.

Thanks for suggestions anyway.
AppData/XBMC/addons folder doesn't seem to show up in openelec.... suggestions? I go to fIle manager
, dig around, and nothing. No update for me. Seems my tv show random episode widget doesn't work with this skin either. Movies work fine. Shoot. =(
(2014-05-23, 22:31)Surlias Wrote: To anyone interested, I found a less-than-ideal solution to see the path & filename of a movie or tv show while in the info view. If you highlight the "Refresh" button, it displays the path & filename in the desired location along the bottom of the side panel:

But I still would like to make the path & filename permanently visible, anyone know how?

Hello,
Figured this one out this morning. In DialogVideoInfo.xml, comment out (or delete) lines 3105 to 3123 to get rid of the MPAA rating info at the bottom, and then comment out line 3103.
<visible>ControlGroup(6100).HasFocus</visible>
That way the file name and path stay visible all the time. The font color is a little dim, but there's a text color line that I assume can change it.

And ironically your post has answered a question I was just asking myself. I only just realized this morning that the movie description was squished over to the side compared to how it was in Frodo, and I wasn't sure why. Looks like it's for the disc art, which I don't use. So thank you for that! Rofl Now on to see if I can get rid of that, and give the description more room.

Edit: typo.
@McButton

to see the addon folder in openelec you must first add something to your samba.conf under <yourip>\configfiles. At the end of the file paste this

[XBMC]
path = /storage/.xbmc
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.xbmc

then reboot your machine. After reboot you could use <yourip>\XBMC whrre you see your addon folder.

Eisi
(2014-06-01, 15:44)Mekare Wrote: Hello,
Figured this one out this morning. In DialogVideoInfo.xml, comment out (or delete) lines 3105 to 3123 to get rid of the MPAA rating info at the bottom, and then comment out line 3103.
That way the file name and path stay visible all the time. The font color is a little dim, but there's a text color line that I assume can change it.

Hey thanks for posting. I just tried to apply the fix you described, only to discover that my DialogVideoInfo.xml file has nowhere near that many lines. Mine is only 1880 lines long. However it does have a couple of instances of <visible>ControlGroup(6100).HasFocus</visible>

It appears here among lines 1694-1702:

Code:
<control type="button" id="441">
     <animation effect="zoom" start="100,0" end="100,100" time="300" easing="out" tween="cubic">VisibleChange</animation>
     <label>31030</label>
     <onright>6000</onright>
     <include>DialogVideoInfoButtonSolid</include>
     <onclick>RunScript(script.libraryeditor,DBID=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
     <visible>System.HasAddon(script.libraryeditor) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(musicvideos)]</visible>
</control>

and here among lines 1771-1781:

Code:
<control type="label">
    <left>825</left>
    <top>1046</top>
    <width>950</width>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath]</label>
    <font>Font_Reg22</font>
    <textcolor>white5</textcolor>
    <scroll>true</scroll>
    <haspath>true</haspath>
</control>

Are either of those the sections you were referring to? Maybe you could post lines 3103 to 3123 from your DialogVideoInfo.xml file so I can try to find them in mine.

Thanks!
(2014-06-01, 19:33)Surlias Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 15:44)Mekare Wrote: Hello,

Hey thanks for posting. I just tried to apply the fix you described, only to discover that my DialogVideoInfo.xml file has nowhere near that many lines. Mine is only 1880 lines long. However it does have a couple of instances of <visible>ControlGroup(6100).HasFocus</visible>

It appears here among lines 1694-1702:

Code:
<control type="button" id="441">
     <animation effect="zoom" start="100,0" end="100,100" time="300" easing="out" tween="cubic">VisibleChange</animation>
     <label>31030</label>
     <onright>6000</onright>
     <include>DialogVideoInfoButtonSolid</include>
     <onclick>RunScript(script.libraryeditor,DBID=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
     <visible>System.HasAddon(script.libraryeditor) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(musicvideos)]</visible>
</control>

and here among lines 1771-1781:

Code:
<control type="label">
    <left>825</left>
    <top>1046</top>
    <width>950</width>
    <font>Font_Reg22</font>
    <scroll>true</scroll>
    <haspath>true</haspath>
</control>

Are either of those the sections you were referring to? Maybe you could post lines 3103 to 3123 from your DialogVideoInfo.xml file so I can try to find them in mine.

Thanks!

Sorry! I just realized that when I have the document open on just half the screen, it increases the number of lines in the document. Although at full screen, my line numbers are still off from yours, but not as far.

Lines 1850 to 1859 are where the file name and path are, with the bolded line being what I commented out to make it stay visible.
<control type="label">
<left>825</left>
<top>1046</top>
<width>950</width>
<font>Font_Reg22</font>
<scroll>true</scroll>
<haspath>true</haspath>
</control>

Lines 1861 to 1871 are where my MPAA ratings are, so I commented out that whole section.
<control type="label">
<left>825</left>
<top>1046</top>
<width>950</width>
<label fallback="This movie is Unrated">$INFO[ListItem.mpaa]</label>
<font>Font_Reg22</font>
<textcolor>$VAR[FontColorVar]</textcolor>
<scroll>true</scroll>
<haspath>true</haspath>
<visible>!ControlGroup(6100).HasFocus</visible>
</control>

I hope that's more helpful!
Great! That worked, thanks
Woah...my brain exploded. I don't know how or where to add code. Maybe I'll just wait for a fix =/
(2014-06-01, 15:44)Mekare Wrote: Image

Where are your actor thumbnails?

Also, it's kinda weird that your info screen has the space for disc art when disc art isn't available. If there's no disc art downloaded for a title in my library, the space isn't there at all:

• 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)25