Req Add VideoPlayer.Code for jsonrpc use
Hi,
It would be great if we can get VideoPlayer.Code through xbmc. "Code" listitem is used to set imdb code for a movie/tv show.

This idea can give easy recognition and scrobble for many addons including trakt.

After some research, I found that those commands are received in GUIInfoManager.cpp. My knowledge to build is weak, but after seeing those commits (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2297), maybe it's easy to write.

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks.
I'm not sure what you mean.

You can get the imdb code of the currently playing video using Player.GetItem and the "imdbnumber" property for that item.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm asking using xbmc.getInfoLabel(VideoPlayer.Code)
And why don't you use Player.GetItem and ask for the "imdb" property?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I set listitem "imdbnumber" with the imdbcode but according to this

Code:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/12.2-frodo/xbmcgui.html

listitem.setInfo("Video", {...."imdbnumber":"tt123",.........})

there is no imdbnumber but code.

If I set this it gives me an empty imdbnumber but gives me error with code.

Code:
{'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'method': 'Player.GetItem', 'params': {"properties": ["imdbnumber"],'playerid': 1}, 'id': "VideoGetItem"}

I'm confused. Huh
Unfortunately I don't know the python API at all so I don't know how you can set the imdbnumber for it. It is possible that the python API expects a different property name for the IMDB number than JSON-RPC.

What error do you get when you execute Player.GetItem through JSON-RPC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add VideoPlayer.Code for jsonrpc use0