Sound+Games+Xbmc
I have installed the addon launcher so that I can play games through XBMC and I have the following problem which is related with XBMC.
I have both sound preferences as WASAPI and I have not any problem in plahying games When I start the pro evolution soccer 2014 through XBMC I hear no sound. In order for this to work I need to go to system and change the passthrough to Direct and back to WASAPI and this does the trick.

Any clue why is that happening?
What version of XBMC are you using?

WASAPI requires exclusive access to the audio device to perform bitstreaming thus it will hog the device while it is trying to play sounds, however after a period of inactivety (about 10 seconds I think) it will release the device so other application can make use of it. Do you perhaps have GUI sounds enabled? if so disable them as having these enabled will mean that when doing any navigation XBMC will take exclusively control of the audio device so you have to wait for it to be released again.

The operation of this is much improved in the nightly Gotham builds.
(2014-02-17, 13:11)jjd-uk Wrote: What version of XBMC are you using?

WASAPI requires exclusive access to the audio device to perform bitstreaming thus it will hog the device while it is trying to play sounds, however after a period of inactivety (about 10 seconds I think) it will release the device so other application can make use of it. Do you perhaps have GUI sounds enabled? if so disable them as having these enabled will mean that when doing any navigation XBMC will take exclusively control of the audio device so you have to wait for it to be released again.

The operation of this is much improved in the nightly Gotham builds.

I am using 12.3 and no I do not have the gui sound enabled...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound+Games+Xbmc0