Looking for ANdroid TV Stick advice
Hi,

I am new to the world of Android in every way. I have my Ipad on XBMC, also my Media PC and my Pi.

I have seen on ebay lots of over priced android boxes pre programmed with xbmc, for me the getting it sorted ios the best bit! I know that regardless of which Android device i buy, if it is possibe to get xbmc on it then i will.

The question i have is which one to buy! I have been looking at THIS one as an option, Does anyone have any thoughts on this with a blue tooth keyboard? Will this run XBMC ok?

I know that tere are issues with hardware decoding using the GPU (if thats technically correct i am not 100%) so would like to get one that is going to be most supported in future xbmc releases. I use XBMC primarily for my TV shoes in my library.

Appreciate any help.
I have one of those. The stock rom has issues with HD playback. There are loads of custom roms available, but all have problem with 1080p image output.

Best stable rom i've found is neomode 1.9, but it has lines on screen when on 1080p, perfectly fine on 720p.
Some people have found overclocking it makes it better, but it means modding the stick with a heatsink.

I havent tested the latest version of xbmc, but have October monthly on it. 1080p playback works, but when resuming playback after ffw, it skips frames. Not sure if the issue relates to me only. I'll have to test a newer nightly.
Thanks for that info mate much appreciated. Is the stick of decent quality? I was watching a you tube video of the cx 919 which is the other stick i am looking at. looks very good but it isnt as new as this one, lesser processor i think.

Any experience with that one?

Also what Roms do you use and where do you get them from?
its the same chip.

It all depends on the rom. Go to freaktab, and have a read on their forums. It'll help you out a lot.
Thanks pal will do. much appreciate the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for ANdroid TV Stick advice0