Win Is it possible to get which movie is currently highlighted
I would like to display the detailed information on the currently highlighted movie (outlined by the blue box in the Confluence Skin) on the touch panel that I am controlling XBMC with. I have not found any way to identified which movie currently is highlighted. Is this something that is reported by an event?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thx
Bryan
Unfortunately you can't get the item with all its details easily. The only thing you can do is get the label and the current window through XBMC.GetInfoLabels and then try to use that information to do a VideoLibrary.GetMovies (or whatever) request with a filter using the previously retrieved label.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi Montellese,

Thank you for the quick response. I have a quick follow-up:

1) Do you have a sample on the usage of XBMC.GetInfoLabels?

2) Does the Event API have the ability to report which movie is currently highlighted?

Thank you for your help.
Bryan
(2014-02-23, 01:12)bdgarcia Wrote: 1) Do you have a sample on the usage of XBMC.GetInfoLabels?
You want to retrieve the System.CurrentWindow and System.CurrentControl info labels.

(2014-02-23, 01:12)bdgarcia Wrote: 2) Does the Event API have the ability to report which movie is currently highlighted?
Nope, there's also no event on when the currently selected item changes so you'd have to periodically check the above infolabels.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thank you

I will poll what movie is highlighted each time I send an up, down, left, or right via the event interface.

Bryan
Hi Montellese,

I was able to get this working nicely. I get the DBID for the highlighted movie using XBMC.GetInfoLabels and then once I have the DBID for the movie, I pass that as the movie ID to VideoLibrary.GetMovieDetails and it gives me all the needed information.

Thank you for your help

Bryan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to get which movie is currently highlighted0