Linux Stream xbmc from server
So it may be a dumb question but i have been looking all around for the right answer. I recently received a server from a friend. The specs for that server are 24 gb of ram, intel xenon processor, nvidia quadro 512 mb, and 4tb for storage. It is running the latest linux unbuntu. Any way i have the server downstairs in my house and want to be able to stream my xbmc content anywhere in the house from that server. I dont have a smart tv. I guess the real question is what type of box to i need just to stream my content? If so any suggestions?
Budget?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

looking on spending no more than $150. If i can get something for $100 that would be great.

I also may need 2 or 3. It would be great if i can get all of the tvs that are not smart to stream content from my server.
You could use raspberry PI as front end and install mythtv as backed. As of raspberry, apps, there are two flavors, it will be your preference, the raspberry is only around $50 and attaches to hdmi.
And would I be able to stream 1080p no problem?

And would I be able to stream 1080p no problem? does it have to be hardwired?
Don't use WiFi for streaming. Either wired or homeplugs.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

is there anything i can use for streaming on wi-fi? If i could hardwire it i would but that isn't an option. The server is wired but i don't know if that makes a difference.
(2014-02-23, 21:15)dsand94 Wrote: is there anything i can use for streaming on wi-fi? If i could hardwire it i would but that isn't an option. The server is wired but i don't know if that makes a difference.

Don't use WiFi. If you can't wire it. Use homeplugs.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Is raspberry pi the best option or my only option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream xbmc from server1