• 43(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-02-26, 00:45)pratt733 Wrote: Are you using a nightly build? I'm using a nightly from a couple of nights ago (I can't check the exact one right now) and this worked perfectly for me.

Thank you for the response,

I installed the nightly from 19 feb and 22 feb. Both the same outcome. Chopper like sound and slow framerate with enabled DTS HD.
My receiver shows DTS HD on the screen.

Vincent.
Can you take a screenshot of your video/audio settings? I assume this was a file which works fine on other XBMC setups you have?
(2014-02-26, 00:48)Vincent1983 Wrote:
(2014-02-26, 00:45)pratt733 Wrote: Are you using a nightly build? I'm using a nightly from a couple of nights ago (I can't check the exact one right now) and this worked perfectly for me.

I installed the nightly from 19 feb and 22 feb. Both the same outcome. Chopper like sound and slow framerate with enabled DTS HD.

Vincent.

I use the generic nightly (x86-64) and have no problem with DTS HD master audio.

I updated the bios to 025 out of the box.
(2014-02-26, 00:37)Vincent1983 Wrote: Dear Members,

As stated before im still having problems with DTS HD master audio.
When this function is enabled the image slows down and the sound sounds like a chopper.
When disabling this function the stream returns to normal DTS. I have a dts-hd capable receiver
so that shouldn't be the problem.

Can anyone confirm that he has a working setup of the Nuc 2820 with Openelec Xbmc and DTS HD audio?

Hopefully can one of you answer the question as i have read more about this issue on this and other forums.

Thank You.
Vincent.

Can you post some screenshots of your settings screens?
(2014-02-26, 00:37)Vincent1983 Wrote: As stated before im still having problems with DTS HD master audio.
When this function is enabled the image slows down and the sound sounds like a chopper.
When disabling this function the stream returns to normal DTS. I have a dts-hd capable receiver
so that shouldn't be the problem.

I have encountered /similar/ behaviour with a different receiver. In that case it turned out ton be the receiver settings. The receiver was able to be set up for checking multiple sources for each "Preset". In this case it was set up to check both a toslink and hdmi connection under the same preset - and a bug caused it to be unable to handle HD audio streams from the hdmi input. Removing the toslink input from the preset solved that case.

I'd advice you to check your receiver settings thoroughly. Hopefully its just a setting conflict - allthough the slowdown highly suggests the issue to be in the NUC end. But also try a different hdmi cable - its worth a shot.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-02-25, 19:40)Geekzilla Wrote: Normal HDMI cable.

Thanks. I just thought I had seen some mention of a HDMI-mini somewhere. Might have been some Adroid stick then...

Vincent.

The last nightly worked good on my nuc was the "OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20140204145610-r17626-g97447e4" all newer ones have high cpu load and sound problems on DTS-HD.

Vincent.

I have noticed this too however its only some Blurays with DTS-HD whereas others play fine. There's also an MKV that has stereo sound that is choppy in playback and sound. Will post mediainfo output when I get chance.

Have you also tried playing a trailer via the plot menu, tried Fast and the Furious trailer last night and it was choppy aswell.
Vincent.
[/quote]

The last nightly worked good on my nuc was the "OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20140204145610-r17626-g97447e4" all newer ones have high cpu load and sound problems on DTS-HD.
[/quote]

Do you have a link where I could try this, cant seem to find this build?
Installed win8.1 on the nuc and used a headphone jack to RCA cable but there is no sound output. :-(
Any got a similar problem and found a solution?
(2014-02-26, 13:25)danivtec Wrote: Do you have a link where I could try this, cant seem to find this build?

You can try this:
http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/openelec-ge...-download/
http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/openelec-ge...-download/
| myHTPC |
Finally received mine today. Added ram and an SSD, stuck Win 8.1 on all seems perfect so far.
Once the Intel drivers are on and your sound options checked, audio over HDMI is grand.

Read elsewhere that the Harmony remote software recognised the Intel NUCs as devices to be added?
Tried a few combinations on mine, but it suggests random devices when I go for Intel DN2820.
Any ideas what the ideal Harmony config is?
(2014-02-26, 20:17)legends71 Wrote: Installed win8.1 on the nuc and used a headphone jack to RCA cable but there is no sound output. :-(
Any got a similar problem and found a solution?

Have you installed the audio driver from Intel and applied outstanding Windows updates? It seems those are the problems others have experienced. As an alternative, you might consider trying a bootable Linux version of XBMC and testing the jack to rule out hardware issues (reference).

(2014-02-26, 21:41)Fra-HTPC Wrote: Read elsewhere that the Harmony remote software recognised the Intel NUCs as devices to be added?
Tried a few combinations on mine, but it suggests random devices when I go for Intel DN2820.
Any ideas what the ideal Harmony config is?
It is listed under Computer > Media Center > Microsoft > Windows Media Center... you just need a generic Microsoft MCE Remote code... it doesn't have to be specific to the NUC model.
(2014-02-26, 13:25)danivtec Wrote: Vincent.

[/quote]

Do you have a link where I could try this, cant seem to find this build?
[/quote]

http://www.fastshare.org/download/OpenEL...7447e4.tar
Thanks for the link
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5