Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-02-27, 09:47)Fra-HTPC Wrote: Bit of an update on the IR, not what I was expecting, but getting better!

Uninstalled the 2 drivers in device manager (Consumer & eHome), reran the Intel IR driver package and it asked me if I wanted to repair or remove. Chose remove and rebooted.

After that reboot the original 2 devices listed in device manager again, but seeing as XBMC starts up automatically, I checked the Harmony remote and it works!

The basics are there, directions, select and exit/backup.
I'm assuming I'll need to look at the key maps to get the context button working again.
Also noticed whatever power command the Harmony is sending during shutdown, is putting the NUC into standby (power button blinks?).

I'll get more time to look at it later

Hopefully this will not get too complicated, but I've run into similar driver issues with other drivers - where windows would install native drivers for "wrongly matched devices". There is no proper bulletproof method of fixing this once it has happened, but it can (most of the time) be avvoided at first install - before connectiong the device if external. The issue is that once Windows matches a Device_ID with one of its native drivers - it will never give up that "link". For non-native drivers, you can choose to also delete the driver when removing the device in "Device Manager". This option is obviously not available for devices linked to Windows native (bundled) drivers. I've tried for weeks to figure out a way to remove the "link" from registry, with no success.

What you CAN attemt - is the following (Although I'm not sure it will work as it is an embedded device):

(My windows version is non-english, so "labels" here might vary by some degree)
  • Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Properties
  • Hardware tab -> Settings for device installation
  • Tick "No, let me choose" - and "Never install drivers from Window Update".
  • Reboot, then remove IR device from Device Manager. Another reboot
  • Install Intel IR Drivers. If this doesn't work, do the same again but try it without the reboot between removing the IR device and installing the Intel IR drivers.

IMPORTANT NOTE! You might want to revert the settings for automatic driver installation, once you're set up with the Intel drivers working. Otherwise, no drivers for USB devices etc - will install automatically.

I'm not sure this procedure will help you in your case (as the registry link between the Device_ID and windows bundled driver is already established), but it is worth as shot. This procedure is very nice to have in you back pocket if installing a device with known driver conflicts, for the first time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail 2013 edition - DN2820FYKH) - by pr0xZen - 2014-02-27, 16:26
Today I stuck at EFI screen - by YaPaY - 2014-10-31, 13:39
Intel NUC b - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 19:24
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:08
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 20:44
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:56
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by Le Freak - 2014-02-24, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5