Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-09-29, 17:35)Ned Scott Wrote: I was under the assumption you are using OpenELEC. OpenELEC is linux. He made http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189618 so that you know which steps to use for OE.
Yes, but in the earlier thread he says: "If you deviate from the Live CD XBMCbuntu install you are on your own installing and configuring LIRC". So he throws anyone not using XBMCbuntu onto their own resources. I'm not using it and wasn't proposing to.

For anyone who is a reasonably proficient Linux user this might present no challenge. For anyone (like me) who's not a Linux user of any degree of proficiency to speak of it offers a forbidding prospect. I realise that OE is a Linux OS, and that for anyone already familiar with Linux in one or more other guises it's relative child's play after SSH'ing into OE to adapt his Ubuntu-based sequence of steps to OE's' own flavour of Linux by going through a repertoire of familiar commands. I don't have that repertoire.

I'd been assuming that there must be another way. To my simple mind if Intel make and market a product with an inbuilt IR receiver I would expect that it would work - ie that it would respond to button-presses on a majority of remotes (and I'm not talking about only the MS-approved MCE variety). I imagined that there was a hardware fix for my NUC's IR receiver's failure to respond to signals.

That doesn't seem to me to have been an unreasonable expectation.

However if it's doomed not to be met, I'm faced with two choices:- abandon my project to migrate to Kodi/OE or enter upon a struggle to try to apply FishOil's recipe for getting Kodi/OE to work with any remote. It will be an uphill battle which - if past experience is any guide - I shall end up losing.

You see my problem, I hope.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail 2013 edition - DN2820FYKH) - by Fuddyduddy - 2014-09-29, 19:27
Today I stuck at EFI screen - by YaPaY - 2014-10-31, 13:39
Intel NUC b - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 19:24
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:08
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 20:44
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:56
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by Le Freak - 2014-02-24, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5