Req Menu and Video on separate desktops
Hi all,
it will be very useful, if it will be possible to have video and menu on separate desktops.
Like for cinemas, where the monitor could be used as prepare station and projector as final output for presentation without annoying menus.
Thank you very much.
iZabak.
Are you serious? The whole point of having a media center is that you have the interface on the big screen. If you only want to use your projector for video playback, use a standard media player.
I also don't see how a media center would fit for a cinema, but at least on windows you can specify on most graphics drivers to mirror only the video on a secondary display, would that help? Another option would be to use a blank skin and control it via web interface or upnp
I don't know about movie theaters, but I imagine this would be very awesome to have for tablets, phones, and laptops, while using an external monitor.

For the time being you can get close to this by having XBMC on one screen and having a web interface remote running via a browser on the other screen, but it would be very cool to see something like this in XBMC itself.
You can already do most of this with the Web Interface and remote controlling an XBMC client.
Blank gui + web remote control isn't bad idea, I'll try it.
The main advantage of XBMC for small cinema installations is in very good background - working automatic refresh rate switching and other very cool features. So it can be very good media center + more, because it's better media player than standalone media player apps ...
Thank you.
iZabak.
(2014-02-26, 10:12)iZabak Wrote: Hi all,
it will be very useful, if it will be possible to have video and menu on separate desktops.
Like for cinemas, where the monitor could be used as prepare station and projector as final output for presentation without annoying menus.
Thank you very much.
iZabak.

With Gotham...

If your video screen is a DLNA Renderer then yes, what you want to do is easy for file based playback as you can do a right click, "Play Using" and then select "TV" (for example.) Then XBMC streams the content to your TV and the TV displays and renders it without involving xbmc.

Some BluRay players (e.g. Oppo BDP-103) can also function as a DLNA Renderer, allowing you to play a video (or song) using all the goodness of their BluRay decoders, etc, from your easy to use xbmc interface.

Don't yet know how/if DLNA Renderer support is there for plugins that let you watch live TV, etc, 'cause I haven't tried that.

I suppose from that perspective, with xbmc just streaming the data out to the UPnP DLNA Renderers, you could support several screens simultaneously without needing to have huge graphics cards in your xbmc device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu and Video on separate desktops0