Req Blackmagic Ultrastudio Minimonitor as 10-bit video output device
Hi all,
it will be very useful to have possibility to use very cheap Blackmagic Ultrastudio Thunderbolt Minimonitor or other Blackmagic IO cards with the same SDK as output device.
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products...hunderbolt
They have open SDK: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/sdks (Windows, Linux, Mac)

- It has 10bit HDSDI/HDMI output (not only 8bit like HDMI from Mac OSX), XBMC supporting QT Prores files now, so It will be nice
- It has professional HDSDI output for high-end instalations with high-end projectors in big cinemas

XBMC will be the first software solution for outputting "consumer" formats to professional outputs.
It will be nice to have GUI on standard desktop and clean video output through Minimonitor only.
Thank you very much!
iZabak.
When will it be ready?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's my feature request to the XBMC developers, but I'm not developer Sad But I can be betatester Smile
Blackmagic minimonitors are available (BHPhoto...), we are using many of theese and similar Blackmagic devices (Decklink cards) in our post-house company, but in broadcast pipelines (Davinci, Final Cut, Adobe suite ... with Prores or uncompressed sources).
Blackmagic team is very friendly, I can try to contact them, if it will be helpful.
I thing it will be very useful to add this capability to XBMC, because many small and alternative cinemas using mp4 or other "consumer" sources for non-commercial film projects. Bigger cinemas have profi setup with 3DLP and other HDSDI projectors, DCP player ..., but playback of alternative sources is still problem.
They are mostly using VLC now, but XBMC with automatic refresh rate switching, sync playback to display ... will be much better for these installations, and with professional 10bit, clean (without menu) output support, it will be the heaven Smile
I hope, that some developer will have a time to implement this...
Thank you,
iZabak.
I'm not sure if this will likely happen in the near future, but the Blackmagic hardware is very awesome :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blackmagic Ultrastudio Minimonitor as 10-bit video output device0