Top and bottom panels off the screen
Hello,

I just installed XBMCbuntu and successfully (sort of) watched my 1st movie. I'm using an old machine I had laying around and hooking it to a 42" TV with a DVI-HDMI converter for video and a 1/8" - 1/8" audio connector. This setup worked, but the volume was very low and I had to turn the volume on the TV to the max, and it still wasn't that loud. I thought if I bounced out to the OS, maybe I could find the volume control was low and I could push it up, and go back into XMBC.

Here's my problem. I clicked on the power button and chose XBMCbuntu. I was asked for my password and was then taken to the desktop. It appears to be Lubuntu and the screen is too large for the TV (top and bottom panels are off the top and bottom of the screen). Right clicking the screen gives me a menu with a few options, but nothing to adjust the screen size.

So...how do I shrink the screen so I can see the top and bottom panels?

Thanks.
You turn off overscan on your TV. It is generally in the menus somewhere, same one where you choose aspect ratio. There will be something like 'just scan' or 'pixel map' etc etc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
DUH!!!

Thanks for replying. I thought I'd tried that option. I know I tried "Zoom" from that menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Top and bottom panels off the screen0