Release XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta1 rises!
Just so you know what sort of user I am...I'm not the sort of person to run nightly builds or monthly builds. I always run whatever the latest 'proper' release is, so up until last night I was running 12.3. However, seeing some of the features on the beta I thought I'd give it a go. Now, I haven't played around with the settings much, but what I did do was test a couple of 1080p and 720p films (Oblivion and Wolverine) with DTS 5.1 passthrough. I had increasingly noticed (more so than my wife) little stutters and jerks on slow panning shots especially. Prime example is the 'Universal' logo at the beginning of a film where it scrolls around the Earth. Very choppy. Not so bad when you're in a heavy action sequence.

I tested these films specifically, because I've seen them recently on 12.3, and noted that they had judders in panning shots. Well, colour me surprised and pleased.

Both films, smooth as silk. I don't know what you did or how you did it, but thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to all the developers involved! It's like watching from the original source on a Blu-Ray player.

Now to play around with the rest of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta1 rises! - by JesusOnEez - 2014-03-05, 12:20
Error message - by Pinzgauer - 2014-03-23, 12:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta1 rises!3