How to exclude smart playlist movies from main 'Movies' menu
Hi All,

I'm using Aeon Nox with OpenELEC, and I'm trying to configure things such that I have the following menu items on the main home screen.

Movies
TV Shows
3D Movies

I've used 'Add Videos' to create a '3D Movies' source, which uses the movie database to populate metadata and artwork.
I've used the guide here to create a smart playlist that only contains files from this source.

I now have a 3D Movies menu on the homescreen, and it works well. I do have one small problem, which is that the screenshots in the showcase view just contain an 'Aeon' placeholder, but I'm guessing this is because the artwork scraper hasn't yet finished.

However, my main problem is that the 'Movies' section now contains all of my movies from my 'HD Movies' source and from the '3D Movies' source.
How do I prevent the '3D Movies' from appearing under 'Movies'.

Thanks,

Andy.
make another smart playlist like you did before but excluding 3d movies
I did think about that, but for my '3D Movies' playlist, I don't see the extra menu items on a down arrow press, and I really wanted that for my Movies section.
I'm guessing it must be a configuration option to turn them on and off.

Will give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.
The submenus aren't dynamically created from main menu items. If you want things like "recent 3d movies" or "unwatched 3d movies" as submenu items, you'd need to make a smart playlist for each.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to exclude smart playlist movies from main 'Movies' menu0