Smartplaylists in, e.g., GetMovies
Now that I discovered the beauty of smartplaylists.. Wink

It looks like we cannot do the json equivalent of, in the gui, getting the result of an xsp smartplaylist as a list of e.g. movies (I know you can do "?xsp=" filtering, though).
You can only do a "GetDirectory", which returns a list of files.

Am I correct?
Has this been considered?
I've not looked at it in a really long time but "GetDirectory" will tell you the "type": movie, song etc. if that helps.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Do you want to get the results of a smartplaylist through JSON-RPC? Files.GetDirectory will accept a path to a smartplaylist and then tell you its content (with all the properties etc.). And if you specify in your request that you are looking for videos (or music) it will also tell you what type and database ID it has.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Never took enough time to investigate but lot's of users have also reported that player.open on smartplaylist (or files.getdirectory) does not respect the order or random settings on those smartplaylists
Haven't make myself clear.

What I'd like is to be able to retrieve the videodb fields from a smartplaylist.
The ultimate goal would be to add to skin.widget the possibility to specify a smartplaylist in addition to "random" and "recent" as to be able to have full control on what is displayed.
It's not doing it via JSON-RPC (thus isn't answering your question!) but with the directory provider stuff, you can just pop the smartplaylist you want as the URL for the container content and it'll take care of it. This is what the skin-widgets of the future will be anyway.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well, json-rpc is not a requirement, obviously ;-)
I figured out this was how I should do it, but if there is a direct Python path, it's even better...
I thought skin.widget is using JSON-RPC (but I never looked at the code).

@Koying: the new directory provider stuff doesn't even necessarily require python. You can just specify a path in the skin XML and XBMC will load the items from that path.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smartplaylists in, e.g., GetMovies0