• 74(current)
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
In the meantime is anyone else experiencing issues with Syfy? I have 3 kodi devices. One (windows device returns shows for programmes I've been watching, the rest are all just clips). On OSX and iPad it caches for ages and then when programmes are loaded it is all just clips (no episodes). Any recommendations as to how to try and rectify this? Thanks!

Update: even the device showing episodes in the cache no longer plays. :-(
Sorry, I can't PM (too few posts?), so I'll bore the group with my reply:
I installed MariaDB on my QNAP NAS for the central Kodi database. It runs a Linux variant. I don't remember any major problems getting it set up. I used one of the many online guides for issuing the SQL commands to get the database set up initially.
All streams are handled by Kodi, so all stream-related metadata goes in the database. Without doing anything special like adding to favorites, streams found in USTV VOD (and other video addons) will have current position, viewed state, and bookmarks put in the database and thus shared between all clients set up to use that DB. I suspect that USTV VOD favorites are stored under userdata, so will be independent on each client. I also suspect that Kodi favorites are stored in the database and will be shared between clients.

For example, I found that I had never installed the USTV VOD addon on my MacBook. I installed it, navigated to one of the Comedy Central shows I've watched before on my NAS, and checkmarks automatically showed up next to all the episodes previously marked as watched! Like I said, it "just works".

- LoopinFool
Hi guys. Great addon.

Is there a way to login with a US cable provider?
When I navigate through A&E down to the show 'the first 48' the various seasons are displayed but not the episodes. The A&E android app requires users to login with their cable company to be able to watch the episodes.
Could this be added to the addon please?
Hi

So I've read that there is beta support for a CBS All Access account. I just can't find the point where I can configure that. Anyone can hint me into the right direction?

-S
(2016-01-24, 00:15)aim9xray Wrote: Hi

So I've read that there is beta support for a CBS All Access account. I just can't find the point where I can configure that. Anyone can hint me into the right direction?

-S

You have to go to the Add on Settings and click on the login tab to set up your CBS user and pass.
Anyone else having an issue getting show listings from History channel?
Same issue with History and ABC Family.
Syfy and history are the two for me. No listings for history. Syfy grabs listings but clips only
Well I know History was an issue for me...They just updated their Android App as well so it is probably a change of their listings that caused the problem.
It's got to be tough for the Devs trying to keep up with all the changes the networks make.
(2016-01-26, 12:03)Eye in the sky Wrote: Same issue with History and ABC Family.

Debug Log

http://xbmclogs.com/prp59osxh

Same problem with MTV (Kodi 15.2, Windows 10)

Code:
start of USTV VoD plugin
12:57:45 T:4024  NOTICE: !!! plugin loading of site : mtv
12:57:47 T:4024  NOTICE: connection :: getURL :: url = http://api.mtv.com/api/vLaNWq0xlbQB/promolist/10393491.json
12:57:47 T:4024   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(131, L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.ustvvod\addon.py): failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter
12:57:47 T:4024 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(131, L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.ustvvod\addon.py): the python script "L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.ustvvod\addon.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon,class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon,class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon,class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon,class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Player_Director
12:57:47 T:5112   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.ustvvod/?fanart=%22L%3a%5cUsers%5cUta%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.ustvvod%5cfanart.jpg%22&mode=%22mtv%22&name=%22MTV%22&sitemode=%22rootlist%22&thumb=%22L%3a%5cUsers%5cUta%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.ustvvod%5cresources%5cimages%5cmtv.png%22&url=%22%22
12:57:47 T:5112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.ustvvod/?fanart=%22L%3a%5cUsers%5cUta%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.ustvvod%5cfanart.jpg%22&mode=%22mtv%22&name=%22MTV%22&sitemode=%22rootlist%22&thumb=%22L%3a%5cUsers%5cUta%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.ustvvod%5cresources%5cimages%5cmtv.png%22&url=%22%22) failed
12:57:47 T:7800  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
MTV, seems ok for me, fix for History in.
(2016-01-28, 23:34)slices Wrote: MTV, seems ok for me, fix for History in.

Thanks Slices...Ever get the feeling you are chasing a greased Pig the way the networks keep changing their listings on you? LOL
(2016-01-28, 23:34)slices Wrote: MTV, seems ok for me, fix for History in.

History is working again with GitHub fix, thanks.

What about ABC Family?

One more question, NBC with Smart DNS only works for me now with quality section disabled.
Is this a bug or is this supposed to be like this?
Different problem, but fix in now for ABC Family. I'll look at the NBC playback, it's not meant to work like that but turning of quality section simplifies the playback logic.
Is there an issue with syfy or is it just me!
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)10