• 7(current)
Android New Android KitKat Quad Core CPU/Octocore GPU TV boxes out in 16 days, thoughts?
I got 12 units in today, they are OK for an unfinished product, The firmware comes loaded with XBMC RC1 and it must be tweaked for playback on there stock Firmware, i tried uninstalling the tweaked XBMC, to update to the Final verson of Gotham and I get 0 video playback, I can hear audio and thats all,

I hope maybe in a few weeks or months its will have more support, this box is still young.
I have had pass through in my vega
Also I run finless bobs rooted rom and Gotham and no issues. It's just stock rom rooted.
@ilovemymac did you get to do the video review of the tronsmart Vega?
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-05-07, 08:36)ilovemymac Wrote: Also I run finless bobs rooted rom and Gotham and no issues. It's just stock rom rooted.

Are you using stock Gotham or the tweaked version included with stock rom?
Didn't know there was a tweaked version I just was running rc1 Gotham.

(2014-05-07, 13:24)Veronica Wrote: @ilovemymac did you get to do the video review of the tronsmart Vega?

I did bit then I saw some cool techs and his was better so I deleted mine.
On liliputing ( http://liliputing.com/2014/05/android-tv...-m902.html ) there is a rather thorough initial test of one of Tronsmart Vega S89 and Rikomagic M902.

Unfortunately, it is not overly encouraging. Hardware playback was not possible at all, and under xbmc only sound was available, no picture! 4k playback was "supported", which meant it shows a slideshow.
At list report if vídeos stutter while playing, and if audio sync is fixed. I saw @eric posted firmware updates that has fixed almost All but there is no feedback. I dont know if brad from liliputting was using latest firmware update or what but didn't like the problems he ran to with the Vega. I already purchased it but its still shipping couldn't wait for the x8 when.

Someone post a video with latest firmware please and confirm how's the video playback and audio sync. Just like day by day use. Movies, music, etc
Anyone know how to build a linux port on these?
I just got a Tronsmart S89 with amlogic s802 with latest finless 1.6 rom and xbmc-20140427-2372235-Gotham-armeabi-v7a-Tronsmart

it wont pass through dts and gives hissing sound only.
but 1080p video is flawless with no stutter or audi sync problems

going to test original xbmc and see how it goes also will test spdif ,
hopefully will get dts pass through or I just have to look for a new box again Sad
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

(2014-05-29, 17:48)papampi Wrote: I just got a Tronsmart S89 with amlogic s802 with latest finless 1.6 rom and xbmc-20140427-2372235-Gotham-armeabi-v7a-Tronsmart

it wont pass through dts and gives hissing sound only.
but 1080p video is flawless with no stutter or audi sync problems

going to test original xbmc and see how it goes also will test spdif ,
hopefully will get dts pass through or I just have to look for a new box again Sad
Hi did you try Oman's version here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...2-platform or the one posted by eric at geekbuying.com?

also did you follow the XBMC support FAQ at freaktab.com?

How do I get 5.1 Surround Sound audio?

​Navigate to XBMC Settings.
Navigate to System.
Change your Settings Level to Expert.
Navigate to Audio output.
Set Number of Channels to 5.1
Set Keep audio device alive as you like. (This will keep your AVR from turning on and off when there is no sound playing in XBMC.
Make sure Enable passthrough is selected.
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
Enable DTS capable receiver.
Exit out of settings and enjoy your 5.1 surround sound!
Just installed Omans version with no luck too Sad

(2014-05-30, 09:15)papampi Wrote: Just installed Omans version with no luck too Sad

HD audio? If so, is it definetely an S89-H box you have? The S89 does not passthrough HD DTS/Dolby, only the S89-H will do that. The S89-H was only recently released so just wondering if possibly you got the older version?

If normal audio I'd try re-flashing the box.
no its not S89-H version its old one

(2014-05-30, 11:59)boris blank Wrote:
(2014-05-30, 09:15)papampi Wrote: Just installed Omans version with no luck too Sad

HD audio? If so, is it definetely an S89-H box you have? The S89 does not passthrough HD DTS/Dolby, only the S89-H will do that. The S89-H was only recently released so just wondering if possibly you got the older version?

If normal audio I'd try re-flashing the box.

This is not correct. All the S802 Units available offer HD DTS/Dolby passthrough. The S802-H units offer HD decoding which is much different then passthrough.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Android KitKat Quad Core CPU/Octocore GPU TV boxes out in 16 days, thoughts?1