Proposal for Kodi Settings Structure change [Updated 2015]
(2015-03-14, 06:49)Piers Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 05:06)pragma Wrote: I love the idea of moving media management to the settings. As a first time user I found it very frustrating and over complicated to get a media library up and running. In fact, I think it would be useful to offer users a media library FTE, to walk them through the media setup/management process.

That's the main drive behind the idea - when I started using XBMC I felt the same. I actually uninstalled it and went back to Media Browser for around six months. I then did the needed reading to understand, as well as joining on here. Small changes like the suggested will, at least in my opinion, provide first time users with the ability to 'flow' through the settings and configurations in a more ordered and logical manner.

That also applies to experienced users - weather is a good example.

1) It's not a service but I'm sure most people would view it as such.
2) If it's not a Service, but viewed as one, then why is Services called Services.
3) If the above are both true then either rename Services or redefine the purpose of that area to incorporate Weather.

Again, all of this is for the user and not for the benefits of the developing team.

1) It's not a service but I'm sure most people would view it as such. - Yes it can be viewed as a Service but not in the sense we use the word, Weather would be better classed as a form of Media with the addon being the scraper, so belongs under Media Management if anywhere.

2) If it's not a Service, but viewed as one, then why is Services called Services - Services as the term is used in Settings are in actual fact Network Services.

3) If the above are both true then either rename Services or redefine the purpose of that area to incorporate Weather - Since these are Network Services perhaps abbreviating to "Network" rather than "Services".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal for Kodi Settings Structure change [Updated 2015] - by jjd-uk - 2015-03-14, 15:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposal for Kodi Settings Structure change [Updated 2015]0