Movie sets to use the year from first movie not latest.
When I have my movies set to sort sequels into sets it labels the year of the set by the last movie in it. Which I can understand.

But when I sort movies by year this means my sets get put in place of the last movie release date. Is there any way to change this so that it takes the year of the first movie? I am happy to edit files to change this if needed. Just have no idea were to look Blush

The way I have my xbmc set up I use different smart playlists to browse my movies and some are ordered by year which means it gets pretty messed up by this, but also I love that xbmc has sets. Its one of the reasons I came to xbmc.

-Mala
No, there's no way to change this, other than changing the year of all movies in the set (which I'm guessing you don't want to do). For most folk, the last year is the most obvious way to list the set when sorting by year.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Damn.
I though this might be the case, and I can see why it would normally be ordered this way. It makes sense in most situations just not what I have haha. Oh well I don't mind changing the year for my movies in sets too much the main reason for not wanting to do it this way is because it is something I would have to keep on top of every time I add a new sequel to a movie in one of these categories.

I will manage though if it is my only option. Lucky its not a whole lot of movies to change (most likely about 15 - 20 currently)
Thanks for the help
-Mala
I think it would be nice if XBMC could switch between grouping as sets and individual listings based on how you are viewing it. If you are viewing things by year then you probably don't want to group by sets at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie sets to use the year from first movie not latest.0