Gotham passthrough link?
While playing a video, I love the way I am able to select audio "passthrough" on the fly.

My question/request...

Is there a keyboard shortcut or any other quick way to toggle audio passthrough on/off?

I share XBMC between rooms through a HDMI splitter. Stereo audio through the TV speakers and optical out to my old AVR. Since the dual-audio patch no longer works, I created a profile for Stereo and one for Surround. But now, with Gotham, I can just play a video, hit enter, go to audio, and select passthrough when I want to switch between audio outputs. It sure would be great if I could make a keyboard command (for my Harmony remote) to toggle back and forth!

Thanks all
(2014-03-18, 19:10)thewarm Wrote: While playing a video, I love the way I am able to select audio "passthrough" on the fly.

My question/request...

Is there a keyboard shortcut or any other quick way to toggle audio passthrough on/off?

I share XBMC between rooms through a HDMI splitter. Stereo audio through the TV speakers and optical out to my old AVR. Since the dual-audio patch no longer works, I created a profile for Stereo and one for Surround. But now, with Gotham, I can just play a video, hit enter, go to audio, and select passthrough when I want to switch between audio outputs. It sure would be great if I could make a keyboard command (for my Harmony remote) to toggle back and forth!

Thanks all

Hi there,
also subscribing to this as I have exactly the same setup and was after the same thing. Did the dual audio patch work OK previously for you before you went to Gotham? Tempted to revert versions and use the patch instead if it will let me do stereo through the HDMI to my bedroom TV and simultaneously be able to output 5.1 DD/DTS via SPDIF to my AVR in a different room....
Thanks
I'm also in need of this but for different reasons, I have a subset of content that doesn't play nice with my AVR and the only way to fix it is to switch back to PCM temporarily.
If it is any help to anyone else, I answered my own question. Went from Gotham back to 12.3 and installed the dual audio patch so now I'm able to do analogue 2 channel via hdmi and 5.1 via my amp with no change in config when switching between my 2 rooms. Can't wait for dual audio patch to be updated for use with Gotham.
WOW!!!

I have just been doing searches for switching passthrough on/off using a remote!

I sometimes watch movies on my TV in stereo and other times I will switch on the amp for full 5.1 etc. To watch in stereo, I switch passthrough off using the menu in XBMC and re-enable passthrough to watch in 5.1.

It would be great if there was a remote command to toggle passthrough without having to go into the XBMC menus manually.
Any of the actions on this page http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Action_IDs can be assigned to a remote key. I think that the audiotoggledigital may be what you want?

EDIT: looking at the code here, it looks like that actionid will do what you want.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/51e425...cation.cpp
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Blimey! That was a quick reply! Thanks Nick, that does sound a likely candidate - I'll try that as soon as I figure out how to get the remote key into the Harmony (I hadn't researched that as I wasn't even sure it could be done).

I'll report back,
Thank you!
You can configure xbncs audio setting via jsonrpc. Its the best way I have found to enable pass through/etc
Theres planty of info in this thread for both win and Linux
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192263
Thank you teeedubb, yet more information I missed in my searches Blush
I've put together a multiplatform how to here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=199579

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham passthrough link?0