• 21(current)
BOX
(2015-01-06, 07:53)Bigalgeorge Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 23:59)DjCisco Wrote: There are 5 Main menus : movies , tv shows, music , live tv, an cd/dvd player,live tv has to be enabled under the live tv settings and cd player appears only if there is a cd or dvd to play.

Using other skins the Live TV option works. But under Box the channels load up with excessive load time, and there is never a Live TV icon despite its enabled under settings.

Also have an issue with Weather here in NZ regardless of weather server the function returns no weather data even after correct location is found under settings.
Cheers,
Alistair
Last week i still used Gotham, and updated to Helix. On gotham weather worked fine, and i forced enabled Box on Helix. It shows just fine here. The only little thing is when you have the temperature in the top right corner, it doesnt update until you go to the weather page again. Other then that it just works fine. Maybe some menu's not work, but under Helix it works pretty fast. Hope DJCisco makes it compatible soon (after 20jan) Smile

Keep up the good work DJCisco. If you need any testing, just let me know.
I have a strange issue. I have this amazing skin installed on my laptop and when I pause a video the OSD a DVD cover (or whatever it is) shows in the bottom left corner as it should. I also have the skin installed on a HTPC hooked up to my TV but that same area is empty (there is a obvious area for artwork). I cannot figure out what I need to get the same result on both.

Thanks for the help.
(2015-01-10, 02:21)Scott00007 Wrote: I have a strange issue. I have this amazing skin installed on my laptop and when I pause a video the OSD a DVD cover (or whatever it is) shows in the bottom left corner as it should. I also have the skin installed on a HTPC hooked up to my TV but that same area is empty (there is a obvious area for artwork). I cannot figure out what I need to get the same result on both.

Thanks for the help.

It seems as if youre htpc did not correctly scan pr retreived the artwork.

You can set your artwork manually from the video info window
Thanks. The video info method will fix the issue for me.
Hello and thank you for this wonderful skin!

It has got all the features I need and nearly the best layout from all the skins that run well on my RasPi.

There is only one issue:

Movie list -> Actors : I can choose the menu item, but I can't manage it anyway to get to the right side to scroll through the actors' list.

Does anyone else noticed this issue before and has any solution to it?

btw: I use a RasPi and a Panasonic TV Set with its remote control, no mouse, no keyboard, no touchscreen.

Have a nice day
(2015-01-15, 04:39)Scott00007 Wrote: Thanks. The video info method will fix the issue for me.

It turned out not to work...Hopefully the update to Kodi compatibility will address this issue for me.
What an amazing skin,i love it!

Some requests,if is possible:

Can you add a "skin settings" button?
Does this skin supports cleararts,banners and logos visualization?
If not (or partially not),is possible to add that feature?
Thanks.

Ps:with Box as default skin,spmc have trouble to start,i have to launch spmc several times to make it run correctly.
(2015-01-07, 11:31)osilvab Wrote: a question, I have some Japanese movies and the title doesnt show up because probably it is on japanese characters, is there anyway to solve this?

I had this same problem but with Korean. The issue is that the default font is not Unicode, it seems, so it only supports a limited character set. What you can do is edit the font.xml file to manually add the fonts you need. You need to search for a font with Japanese and English characters, put the TTF file in \addons\skin.box\720p\ (I think, typing this from memory) folder and then edit font.xml to include the font you want. You can start with these instructions:

http://kodi.wiki/view/How-to:Add_a_new_t...o_the_skin

Hope this helps.

(2015-01-05, 08:49)DjCisco Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 12:04)stovies Wrote: DjCisco

Hope you had a relaxing Festive break. For the next release, as well as Kodi compatibility, is there any chance of default artwork for the main menus i.e. a specific background for those times when no fanart exists? That would be awesome Smile

First item in my to do list. After thr conversion to helix

This is awesome news. I was really hoping I could set the home screen background images manually instead of relying on the widget images that show up by default. I am holding off on updating to Helix until you get BOX converted properly. My wife and I love this skin too much to lose it. Keep up the good work!
Current Rig:
XBMC 13.1 Git:20140604-0d1d803 (Compiled: June 4, 2014)
Transparency! 6.0.6
Windows 8.1 with Media Center
Intel Core i5-3470 3.20GHz, 64bit
8GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Realtek High Definition Audio, driver version 6.0.1.6710
(2015-01-19, 10:57)THX1138 Wrote: Hello and thank you for this wonderful skin!

It has got all the features I need and nearly the best layout from all the skins that run well on my RasPi.

There is only one issue:

Movie list -> Actors : I can choose the menu item, but I can't manage it anyway to get to the right side to scroll through the actors' list.

Does anyone else noticed this issue before and has any solution to it?

btw: I use a RasPi and a Panasonic TV Set with its remote control, no mouse, no keyboard, no touchscreen.

Have a nice day

I cant replicate what you are describing:.

When I press the cast button, I then navigate to the right and land directly onto the actors list.

(2015-01-20, 11:42)patria o muerte Wrote: What an amazing skin,i love it!

Some requests,if is possible:

Can you add a "skin settings" button?
Does this skin supports cleararts,banners and logos visualization?
If not (or partially not),is possible to add that feature?
Thanks.

Ps:with Box as default skin,spmc have trouble to start,i have to launch spmc several times to make it run correctly.

Banner View is planed

I am not planning on adding cleararts and Logos, the skin design relies on everything beeing uniform, clearts and logos are per default always different.
DjCisco,

I—like some others who've mentioned it here—have been having some problems with weather not updating on the home screen. In fact, it would never show up, let alone update, until I entered the weather page. I'm not sure if this dates back to Niamu's work or what have you, but it didn't appear to be working properly across at least a couple of platforms.

So, in the absence of a few months of work on the skin, I took it upon myself to look up a solution, and offer it up myself to others who may want to correct the issue:

In addons/skin.box/720p/includes.xml, seek out and replace the following code:
Code:
<control type="label">
    <label>$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.Temperature)]$INFO[System.TemperatureUnits, ]</label>
    <left>1000</left>
    <top>60</top>
    <height>100</height>
    <width>270</width>
    <font>Clock_Footer</font>
    <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
    <align>right</align>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Weather).Property(Current.Temperature)) + Skin.HasSetting(DisplayWeatherInfo)</visible>
</control>

WITH
Code:
<control type="label">
    <description>Temperature</description>
    <left>1000</left>
    <top>60</top>
    <height>100</height>
    <width>270</width>
    <font>Clock_Footer</font>
    <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
    <align>right</align>
    <label>$INFO[Weather.Temperature]</label>
    <visible>Weather.IsFetched + Skin.HasSetting(DisplayWeatherInfo)</visible>
</control>

And voila, your temperature will update regularly.
Hi Zang,

Thanks I will incorporate the changes into the skin
(2014-12-21, 16:15)argus Wrote: Hi!

Love the skin, great job on it. I have only one gripe with it. While playing video and skipping through it there is no indicator of the position i'm at. It would be nice if an indicator with atleast a percentage of the playback is implemented. Maybe something like the volume indicator but in the bottom instead of the top or just use the nar that is shown when I'm in the home menu during video playback.

And happy holidays and enjoy your vacation!

DONE
(2014-12-07, 14:27)Prizm4 Wrote: Thanks DJCisco for your reply to my last comment, and I hope you enjoy your holidays. I'm liking this skin more and more.

When you start work again, I've noticed a couple things:

- In Thumb Info view for Movies, the rating field is just a little too short to fit in the text "PG-13" (see screenshot).

- In regular Thumb view for Movies, there's no movie duration info. And there's no duration listed in the Show Info screen, so you don't know how long a movie is until you start it. Perhaps that would be something to add to the Show Info screen?

thanks again

DONE
(2014-11-30, 11:36)Prizm4 Wrote: Thanks DjCisco, this is a great skin.

- When displaying TV episodes in thumbnail view, it also contains episode plot info. Is it possible to have an option to disable the info and fit more space for thumbnails? In the List view, there is an option for "wide list", which disables info. It'd be nice if there was something similar for the Thumbnail view.

- On the Show Info page, the Cast option is the first item on the list, followed by Play. Can this be swapped so Play is first? Seems a little odd for a first option. It's a bit awkward, especially when the kids are using it and can't read the options. Most skins seem to use Play as the first option.

Thank you again for this skin.

DONE
Hello DjCisco,

Still loving the skin, but I have these issues with KODI 14:

- When opening the Programs menu, all I see is an empty screen. (only the left little arrow is visible)
- The context menu (keyboard key C) of movies/series is not displayed. Only the placeholder is there, but no menu items are visible.
- The subtitle plugin renders wrong. The first column (with the languages) is offset too much to the right, which makes it overlap the actual subtitle name. Also the last column (CC/Sync) seems to be offset to the right too much.

Grts
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17