• 22(current)
BOX
Hi.
Love this app but i have a question.
On the home meny I have Movies and Tv shows, Movies shows recent films with nice looking movie poster, but tv shows show recent shows with pictures/scenes taken from the show and I woul like to se the poster instead.
The show have the right poster, because when I go inte to the specific show the poster is there. Why doesnt it show on the tvshow widget?

Robin
(2015-02-11, 11:01)Trickass Wrote: Hello DjCisco,

Still loving the skin, but I have these issues with KODI 14:

- When opening the Programs menu, all I see is an empty screen. (only the left little arrow is visible)
- The context menu (keyboard key C) of movies/series is not displayed. Only the placeholder is there, but no menu items are visible.
- The subtitle plugin renders wrong. The first column (with the languages) is offset too much to the right, which makes it overlap the actual subtitle name. Also the last column (CC/Sync) seems to be offset to the right too much.

Grts

Yup

First Issue has been corrected and an update request has already been submitted

Second issue will be corrected ob the weekend. And and the corresponding update should be available next week.
(2015-02-11, 12:45)forsbin Wrote: Hi.
Love this app but i have a question.
On the home meny I have Movies and Tv shows, Movies shows recent films with nice looking movie poster, but tv shows show recent shows with pictures/scenes taken from the show and I woul like to se the poster instead.
The show have the right poster, because when I go inte to the specific show the poster is there. Why doesnt it show on the tvshow widget?

Robin

Hi Robin,

You have currently the TV Show Thumbnails Widget Selected. You have to choose a widget that displays posters.

To do so. Go to System->Settings->Appearance->Skin Settings->General-->Customize Home Menu
(2015-02-09, 22:27)DjCisco Wrote: DONE

wow, thank you very much for your updates!
@ DjCisco - > Nice colourful Skin with a fresh clean look Nod

One question, you list PVR Support on Page #1.
Does this mean I can access my recordings only as I'm having trouble finding the Live TV section ?

Yes Live TV is working with other Skins, is this function missing in this Skin ?

EDIT, found it - jeez - why does a person have to customise this when its a standard function within Kodi and all Skins I have used ?
I'm now unable to add a Menu Icon........grrrrr....a reboot and the .png's finally showed up.

Please make the Live TV menu a standard selection at the top left of the screen for ease of use for users. Even Autodetect if Live TV is enabled and then display it maybe like Confluence.

I'm not a Newb and found it frustrating just to get a standard Kodi feature working properly.

I love the Box layout, its something different Smile

(2015-02-12, 09:03)wrxtasy Wrote: EDIT, found it - jeez - why does a person have to customise this when its a standard function within Kodi and all Skins I have used ?
I'm now unable to add a Menu Icon........grrrrr....a reboot and the .png's finally showed up.

Please make the Live TV menu a standard selection at the top left of the screen for ease of use for users. Even Autodetect if Live TV is enabled and then display it maybe like Confluence.

I'm not a Newb and found it frustrating just to get a standard Kodi feature working properly.

You'll find the percentage of XBMC/KODI users with PVR/Live Video capabilities is far exceeded by those without. So for every one of you, there are ten who'll be asking, "why do I have to customize this skin to remove a function not used by most people?!"

There should probably be a disclaimer with the skin saying "This is a skin meant for heavy customization, and familiarity with skin widgets is highly recommended to get the most out of it; not all functions are on by default."

That said, a quick look through this forum (before say, posting a rant) would've given you the answer you wanted.
DjCisco

Hope you had a relaxing Festive break. For the next release, as well as Kodi compatibility, is there any chance of default artwork for the main menus i.e. a specific background for those times when no fanart exists? That would be awesome Smile

First item in my to do list. After thr conversion to helix

Did this get done in the recent release. If so, I'm struggling to work out how to enable it!
No this is not in the current release. I am working on it right now
(2015-02-12, 09:03)wrxtasy Wrote: @ DjCisco - > Nice colourful Skin with a fresh clean look Nod

One question, you list PVR Support on Page #1.
Does this mean I can access my recordings only as I'm having trouble finding the Live TV section ?

Yes Live TV is working with other Skins, is this function missing in this Skin ?

EDIT, found it - jeez - why does a person have to customise this when its a standard function within Kodi and all Skins I have used ?

I love the Box layout, its something different Smile

Automatically adding Menus is simply not the philosophy of the BOX skin. It simply wouldnt workout because BOX has no standard menus. Each one of the 15 Menus could be the Live Tv Menu. Other skins have fixed Menus so it is easy to hide or show them based on some conditions.

I however understand your point. And it would definetly not hurt to have a preconfigured Live Tv Menu.I will make the 4th Menu be a standard Live Tv Menu. It will be per default disabled(most users dont even know that pvr exists). Since it will come preconfigured you will only need to enable it under customize home menu.

And yes you need to work on how you express yourself. A simple "would it be possible to have a Live Tv menu preconfigured" would have been sufficient.

That beeing said. Thanks for trying out the skin. I hope you will enjoy it.
(2015-02-13, 00:17)DjCisco Wrote: Automatically adding Menus is simply not the philosophy of the BOX skin. It simply wouldnt workout because BOX has no standard menus. Each one of the 15 Menus could be the Live Tv Menu.

Indeed, none of the menus on my install are out-of-the-box.

I've got:

- A Live TV menu
- TV shows--using a custom playlist widget to display shows by date aired, rather than date added.
- Home Movies menu with custom playlist widget that displays only movies with a "HomeMovies" genre.
- Movies with widget that displays only movies *without* the HomeMovies genre.
- A Favorites/weather/program menu.
I don't use the scroll down 4/5 boxes at all, and have removed all but Power and Settings from the left-hidden menu. Music is non-existent on this box, as it's purely for video.

While confluence has more options and compatibility, it can't do all of the above easily or simply.

One of my issues with a lot of skins is that they display *everything* on screen. I'm a fan of simplicity in design, and my wife gets frustrated with needlessly complex interfaces, so Box (and previously nBox) are/were perfect. Prior, I was using Bello. I've avoided the mess that is most skins for a very very long time and would hate to see Box go that route. Useability comes with simplicity and intuitiveness, which Box has. In fact, I've held back on moving to KODI until Box was ready.
Cheers DjCisco that will help a lot of new users.
I like the now/next scrolling in the EPG - nicely slick.

If your going to the trouble of making the 4th menu Live TV....
I'm still asking why can this Live TV top menu cannot be implemented with an Autodetect.
Live TV enabled, it pops up. Live TV disabled, it does not ?

I still disagree with zang tho. There are 10+ Subforums in the PVR section of this Kodi Forum. Then there is IPTV.
PVR support is hardly a minor feature of Kodi, especially in parts of the world with slow internet speeds where its difficult to get everything down a cable.

Kodi is after all a worldwide application.

I agree with keeping it simple. Smile

Hi DjCisco,

Another thing I've noticed: the "In Progress" TV Shows widget is sorted in a strange way I think. (I don't really know how it is sorted at all...).
I believe it used to be alphabetically, which seemed better to me.

Can this be changed/configured easily?

Thank you.

EDIT:
I might have also found a bug.
When enabling Menu 5, it gets the "Title" of Menu 6, and not its own.
(2015-02-13, 03:40)wrxtasy Wrote: If your going to the trouble of making the 4th menu Live TV....
I'm still asking why can this Live TV top menu cannot be implemented with an Autodetect.
Live TV enabled, it pops up. Live TV disabled, it does not ?

It is simply impossible. Just so you understand how this works.
In other skins there is usually some kind of list managing the menu
Videos - Programs - Pictures - Movies - Tv Shows - Music - Custom 1 - Custom 2 etc.....
this list is always ordered the same way and each element always maintains its position. Each element can however be hidden or shown depending on some conditions. So if for example Movies were hidden the Tb Shows Menu would appear as if were the 4th menu item. But it is still in the 5th position. It just happens that the 4th Position is skipped because it is hidden. This allows the skin to easily implent the fact that the movies menu can for example automatically be displayed if the library contains more than 0 movies. It is possible because it is always the 4th Menu.

In BOX however you can rearrange the order of the list . so one cannot know which menu corresponds to which content. If one where to implement such functionality every single menu would need to first of all figure out if they are a live menu ( that is complex) and when detected then all menus should have all possible conditions for hidden it or displaying based on Content conditions.

Furthermore each menu in BOX may be used for different type of content. So for example you could have one person that has a TV Menu, where he places a Tile to go to his TV Shows and another one to go to the Live TV. So if the menu were to be hidden because he disables PVR. He wouldnt be able to access his Tv Shows.

As you see BOX is simply a collection of tiles. There is no relationship whatsoever to content types. This is why it is completly customizable and is also why the feature you requested is impossible.

It is the same as if you would ask to the confluence skinner if he could make it possible to choose the order of the home menu. He would also simply say its impossible.
(2015-02-13, 11:37)Trickass Wrote: Hi DjCisco,

Another thing I've noticed: the "In Progress" TV Shows widget is sorted in a strange way I think. (I don't really know how it is sorted at all...).
I believe it used to be alphabetically, which seemed better to me.

Can this be changed/configured easily?

Thank you.

EDIT:
I might have also found a bug.
When enabling Menu 5, it gets the "Title" of Menu 6, and not its own.

I dont rember how its sorted, I will revise it and choose the most appropiate order.

In Progress Content is achieved through a smart playlist. In the meantime you can simply Edit the playlist. You will find it in the skin folder under Playlists/InProgressTvShows.xsp

I will check the bug.
(2015-02-13, 23:03)DjCisco Wrote: I dont rember how its sorted, I will revise it and choose the most appropiate order.
I believe it has always been most recently watched show (that still contains unwatched eppisodes) first
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17