• 26(current)
BOX
(2015-04-20, 23:44)romainh Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 19:01)DjCisco Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 23:43)romainh Wrote: Hi !

I have just one problem. When I watch a 3d movie in SBS, the OSD is not shown in SBS. Is it supported ?

Thx

I must say I have no expetience eoth 3D content. I havent implemented any special 3D features.

Do other skins have what you are asking for?

I haven't tried any other skin as yours was very good for me. "confluence" has this 3D SBS OSD mode, and I didn't know if it was a feature to develop or if it was integrated natively in Kodi. As soon as your skin will support it (with a button to activate 3D in the OSD) I will be completely happy ! Big Grin

I see , I didnt know such function existed, I will research how confluence implements it
Hi DjCisco,

I've put off asking in here for 6 weeks, but I'm pulling my hair out so have caved in and am going to ask.

I updated from XBMC to Kodi and did it as a fresh install instead of an update. Big mistake. I can't import videos to my library. Music, not a problem. Videos though?

I have tried the following configurations, all with both nfo & tbn files, with only nfo files, with only tbn files and with neither nfo nor tbn files.

/Music Videos/Artist Name - Video Name.ext
/Music Videos/Artist Name/Artist Name - Video Name.ext
/Music Videos/Artist Name/Video Name/Artist Name - Video Name.ext

I have tried adding them to a custom menu for Music Videos as well as to Videos and to Movies. None of them add the videos to the library.

All videos appear in File Manager and I can play individual videos from there, but they just will not add to the library and the tiles/widgets don't see them.

I'm obviously missing something in the menus. Have you any ideas where I might be going wrong? I've tried scanning manually as well as setting it to update the library on startup.

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)
(2015-04-26, 09:44)TeuchterLoon Wrote: Hi DjCisco,

I've put off asking in here for 6 weeks, but I'm pulling my hair out so have caved in and am going to ask.

I updated from XBMC to Kodi and did it as a fresh install instead of an update. Big mistake. I can't import videos to my library. Music, not a problem. Videos though?

I have tried the following configurations, all with both nfo & tbn files, with only nfo files, with only tbn files and with neither nfo nor tbn files.

/Music Videos/Artist Name - Video Name.ext
/Music Videos/Artist Name/Artist Name - Video Name.ext
/Music Videos/Artist Name/Video Name/Artist Name - Video Name.ext

I have tried adding them to a custom menu for Music Videos as well as to Videos and to Movies. None of them add the videos to the library.

All videos appear in File Manager and I can play individual videos from there, but they just will not add to the library and the tiles/widgets don't see them.

I'm obviously missing something in the menus. Have you any ideas where I might be going wrong? I've tried scanning manually as well as setting it to update the library on startup.

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

The fact. That kodi doesnt detect your music videos has nothing to do with the skin. So you must be doing something differently.

To add music videos one normaly add a new video source under "videos->Files" when adding that source you must select the content type to "Music Videos" and select a scrapper or choose "local nfo". Then you newd to sacn the newly added source.

Another thing, you mention tbn files. Since Gotham the naming of Image files changed, you shouldnt be using tbn files, but jpg or png files ( correctly named of course)
The .tbn files were created by a programme I downloaded from the xbmc forums ages ago that scans the videos and creates the .nfo files. I assume they are the thumbnails shown in the skin.

I'll try again, but I just have no idea what is different and I've tried so many different configurations.

EDIT: Thanks. I now know what I was doing wrong, trying to add from File Manager, not from Videos / Files. Seems to be sorted.
Exclamation 
I apologise if this question has already been asked and answered on this thread, but there are too many pages to read through all of the replies.

I'm loving the skin, for the most part, but how would I go about getting movie tiles to appear on the "Movies" screen, and the same for TV tiles, as shown in the screenshots for the skin? I'm assuming that "Widget" refers to that space where the tiles are shown, but nothing that I select in regards to movies or TV from the choice of widgets does anything.

@greertro17 Assuming you have added them to the library (I had problems doing this, see DJCisco's replay to me above)...

Do you have images downloaded to the folders the movies are kept in?

/Movies/Movie Name/Folder.jpg

If so, go to Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Home > Customize Home menu

Select the Home Menu you're using and go to Menu Widget. From there you should be able to select Movies Random or Movies Recent etc.

I don't use Movies personally, only Music and Music Videos, but I assume they all work the same way. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I added Fanart.jpg to every Artist folder and Folder.jpg to every Album sub-folder. Music looks like this for me...

@TeuchterLoon, I do not have the movies stored locally. I use the 1Channel add-on to watch movies online. I was hoping that the home screen movie covers were Netflix-style, meaning that it recommends new movies based on what I've watched so far. At least that's what it looked like on the screenshot for BOX on this thread.

Anyway, I looked into adding the 1Channel source to my Kodi library after reading your reply, so I discovered that it doesn't even have to do with the skin at all, which made it easier to search for answers online. What I ended up finding how to do was add my 1Channel "Movies" and "TV Shows" libraries from the add-on to my Kodi library -- which is a separate library for whatever reason -- by adding "special://userdata/addon_data/[and so on]" as a file source in the "Videos" button on the home screen.

My only problem, now, is that it doesn't recommend additional movies or TV shows beyond what I've already added to my library, so it's not quite Netflix-like. I have to find the movies on my own and then search for them to add them to the library. I guess that the widget is just an aesthetic thing, without any actual "smart" function to recommend new movies. At least I know now, though.

If you hadn't mentioned adding the movies to my library, I would have still thought that it had to do with the skin, itself. Thanks for saving me from continued failed searches online! Nothing relevant showed up when I had the skin as part of my search query, but I found a step by step guide right away when I searched specifically how to add my 1Channel movies to my Kodi library.
Yeah, as far as I can tell the widget only shows artwork added manually or scraped, it doesn't recommend movies etc for you.
(2015-05-03, 19:09)greertro17 Wrote: @TeuchterLoon, I do not have the movies stored locally. I use the 1Channel add-on to watch movies online. I was hoping that the home screen movie covers were Netflix-style, meaning that it recommends new movies based on what I've watched so far. At least that's what it looked like on the screenshot for BOX on this thread.

Anyway, I looked into adding the 1Channel source to my Kodi library after reading your reply, so I discovered that it doesn't even have to do with the skin at all, which made it easier to search for answers online. What I ended up finding how to do was add my 1Channel "Movies" and "TV Shows" libraries from the add-on to my Kodi library -- which is a separate library for whatever reason -- by adding "special://userdata/addon_data/[and so on]" as a file source in the "Videos" button on the home screen.

My only problem, now, is that it doesn't recommend additional movies or TV shows beyond what I've already added to my library, so it's not quite Netflix-like. I have to find the movies on my own and then search for them to add them to the library. I guess that the widget is just an aesthetic thing, without any actual "smart" function to recommend new movies. At least I know now, though.

If you hadn't mentioned adding the movies to my library, I would have still thought that it had to do with the skin, itself. Thanks for saving me from continued failed searches online! Nothing relevant showed up when I had the skin as part of my search query, but I found a step by step guide right away when I searched specifically how to add my 1Channel movies to my Kodi library.

By adding 1Channel to your library you do not add the whole database of 1Channel content to your library, you simply add those that you have manually picked. So since kodi only manages things within its library it cant show content that you havent added to the library, its simple as that.

I dont think that there is anything at all within kodi that does what you are looking for
(2015-04-21, 08:08)DjCisco Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 23:44)romainh Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 19:01)DjCisco Wrote: I must say I have no expetience eoth 3D content. I havent implemented any special 3D features.

Do other skins have what you are asking for?

I haven't tried any other skin as yours was very good for me. "confluence" has this 3D SBS OSD mode, and I didn't know if it was a feature to develop or if it was integrated natively in Kodi. As soon as your skin will support it (with a button to activate 3D in the OSD) I will be completely happy ! Big Grin

I see , I didnt know such function existed, I will research how confluence implements it

DONE, 3D Button available in next update
Edited as I figured out what the problem was.
Edited. Won't let me delete the post.
I edited the above threads as I self resolved the matter / decided it wasn't important. However, I do have a question regarding artwork. I have read many threads and looked at the wiki and I'm positive I have things set up correctly, but things don't seem to work and I'm wondering if this skin requires things to be set up slightly differently?

As it stands I have the following for Music

../Music/Artist/Album Name/ - This folder contains all music files and images called CDArt, Cover, Fanart & Folder. All appear perfectly as you can see

Music Home Album art and Fanart showing.

Music | Albums Album art and Fanart Showing.

My set-up for Music Videos is

../Videos/Artist/ - This folder contains all video files by said artist and .nfo files as well as a Fanart image and a folder called Extrafanart

Music Video Home (Auto generated) Video thumb and fanart showing.

Music Video | Music Video Fanart showing and a white box for every video.

I can't get any of the images in the Extrafanart folders to show. I have them named fanart1, fanart2 etc. I have seen elsewhere in this thread that you have to point Kodi to an Extrafanart folder - does this mean there should only be one central folder? If so, what is BOX's naming requirement for images in there?

Regarding the white box - what image is supposed to show here? I would guess it's the video thumb, but it obviously doesn't show. I don't want to add an image in case it replaces the video thumb on the Home screen. What image and naming do you recommend for here?

I know I'm a pest... If anyone else can help me I'd appreciate it :-)
(2015-05-31, 16:55)TeuchterLoon Wrote: ../Videos/Artist/ - This folder contains all video files by said artist and .nfo files as well as a Fanart image and a folder called Extrafanart

I can't get any of the images in the Extrafanart folders to show. I have them named fanart1, fanart2 etc. I have seen elsewhere in this thread that you have to point Kodi to an Extrafanart folder - does this mean there should only be one central folder? If so, what is BOX's naming requirement for images in there?

Regarding the white box - what image is supposed to show here? I would guess it's the video thumb, but it obviously doesn't show. I don't want to add an image in case it replaces the video thumb on the Home screen. What image and naming do you recommend for here?

I know I'm a pest... If anyone else can help me I'd appreciate it :-)

Regarding Extrafanart;

In order to Display Artists Extrafanart you need to set the path to the extrafanart images. The Path that you set should contain folders for Artists, within the Artist Folder you need to have an extrafanart folder , then you need to place all the images inside the extrafanart folder. The name of the images is irrelevant, you can called them whatever you like, It is just imoprtant that they are inside the extrafanart folder.

Example:

path/Artist1/extrafanart/ImageX.jpg
path/Artist1/extrafanart/ImageY.jpg

path/Artist2/extrafanart/ImageQ.jpg
path/Artist2/extrafanart/ImageR.jpg

Regarding Images on the Views:

The Square Image is ment for the CD Cover, if you have a music Video called myMusicVideo,mp4 then:

myMusicVideo-poster.jpg (is the CD Cover)
myMusicVideo-thumb.jpg (is the Music Video Screen Shot)
Thanks @DjCisco :-) I couldn't figure out that square image for the life of me. I'd tried folder, cover, poster etc., as with my Music folders, but not videoname-poster etc.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17