• 34(current)
BOX
Glad to hear this i miss this skin.
(2018-11-13, 20:19)DjCisco Wrote:
(2018-09-10, 16:33)Trickass Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 00:40)DjCisco Wrote: I will start Kodi Leia Development on March. Next Week, So Im guessing beginning or mid of March.  
Any chance you've already started something? Or is there a dev branch somewhere we can test? Smile
Thanks!  
 Sorry, but I had to stop Leia development due to more urgent matters. I will resume however in Dezember. So Leia will be available before the end of the year 
BOX Leia has been submitted for Leia. so it should be available in a couple of days.
Sorry to trouble. Was just trying this very elegant skin out in Leia and am trying to see if there's a Live TV option somewhere ? I only get Movies, TV Shows and Music. Does it have to be turned on somewhere as I can't spot anything anywhere ? Thanks.
Found it under Customize Home Menu. Yay.
Hello!
New Box user here, actually an Amber refugee since I updated to Kodi 18.0. Love the skin!

I have questions/suggestions:
* The Youtube add-on doesn't show a mark for already watched clips. Is there a setting I cannot find?
* Font sizes in Box are quite huge. Esp. in fullscreen video playback, I'd love the GUI to be a bit more discreet, like 50% the size. I suppose this isn't something that'll be configurable soon?
* It'd be very useful to have the the skip-steps shown when doing the skipping, like "+10" when pressing cursor-right once, "+30" twice, "+60" thrice etc.
* It'd be nice to have the shutdown menu configurable. I'd especially appreciate being able to switch profiles from there.

Thanks for working on this nice and simple skin!

Interested in a free, open source OS?
Get Haiku at https://www.haiku-os.org
(2019-02-03, 11:39)Humdinger Wrote: Hello!
New Box user here, actually an Amber refugee since I updated to Kodi 18.0. Love the skin!

I have questions/suggestions:\
* The Youtube add-on doesn't show a mark for already watched clips. Is there a setting I cannot find?
* Font sizes in Box are quite huge. Esp. in fullscreen video playback, I'd love the GUI to be a bit more discreet, like 50% the size. I suppose this isn't something that'll be configurable soon?
* It'd be very useful to have the the skip-steps shown when doing the skipping, like "+10" when pressing cursor-right once, "+30" twice, "+60" thrice etc.
* It'd be nice to have the shutdown menu configurable. I'd especially appreciate being able to switch profiles from there.

Thanks for working on this nice and simple skin!
Hi welcome to Box, Im gld you like it more features are cominng soon.

- With regrad to Youtube, I am not sure if the youtube addon provides that info so that the skin can display it? Do other skins how this? If yes then I will take a look at it.
- Font Sizes, Sorry but thats the Skins Style and can't be changed
- Skip Steps Display: I will take a look into this
- Profile Switch form Shutdown Menu is definetly a good Idea. I will add it.
(2019-02-03, 03:34)arrbee99 Wrote: Found it under Customize Home Menu. Yay.
 Great!

Yes, per default only Movies, Tv Shows and Music are shown. The skin however comes with the Live TV and Games Menu already preconfigured, they just need tu be enabled.

You have also the possibiity to add more Menus,the skin supports up to 10.
(2019-02-05, 11:03)DjCisco Wrote: - With regrad to Youtube, I am not sure if the youtube addon provides that info so that the skin can display it? Do other skins how this? If yes then I will take a look at it.

It does, I just checked with the Estuary skin. They use the bullet point in the cli item list for the status: normal bullet for unseen, a checkmark for seen, and the "halfmoon" for the ones not watched to the end. Also a good idea: showing the clip length (and date, maybe in another view type?).
(2019-02-05, 11:03)DjCisco Wrote: - Font Sizes, Sorry but thats the Skins Style and can't be changed

Yeah, I thought so. To be clear, I didn't mean the user being able to change the font size system wide, but the skin being more compact when showing the controls in full-screen video playback.

I did a mock up to show what I mean.

First, the current look to compare:

This is the mock-up (make sure to view the screenshots at 100% zoomlevel, as the forum may decrease their size... Smile )

I moved the controls down to have all the info at one location and one doesn't have to move one's gaze to see the control buttons and the time line.
The "End time" moved above the "Time left" for the same reason, both times are related and of interest in one look.
I reduced the font size of the movie info to 50%.

Thanks for considering my feedback!

Thank you.. This is an awesome, clean skin. Working great on my Firestick.

I'm just having one issue. This is my setup.. I seldom update my library with new movies, but often update my library with new tv episodes.

Skin Settings..
Home Menu 1: Movies (pointing to a movies playlist of videos from 3 folders on my NAS)
Home Menu 2: TV Shows (pointing to a tv playlist of videos from 1 folder on my NAS)

Library Settings..
I have setup library settings for Movies to "exclude path from library updates" checked.
I have setup library settings for TV Shows to "exclude path from library updates" unchecked.

Now when I want to update my library (tv shows) I select my Home Menu 2: TV Shows icon (which displays all my shows) and go left to the side menu and down at the bottom there is "Update library" under "Numerical Rating"
Now with my remote (even keyboard when on my pc) the select bar does not go down past the "Numerical Rating", so I can't select "Update library" (it works with a mouse though, but I only use a remote on the Firestick).
But when select my Home Menu 1: Movies icon (which displays all my movies) and go left to the side menu, I can go right down to the bottom and can select "Update Library" and it works.
Now since I have "Update library" selected already and go back right to the Movies section, then back up to the main menu and go to Home Menu 2: TV Shows icon and go left to the sidebar menu again, "Update library" is selected and locked on it, as in, I can't move up in the menu.
The only way to fix it is to back out again, go back into Home Menu 1: Movies, go right on sidebar and move the selector up from "Update library".

Has anyone had this issue before? Is there anything I can do to fix it or is it fault in the skin?

Thanks in advance!
After a bit of testing.. I think it has something to do with Playlists.
Video Playlists that are set as Movies on the home screen will let you select "Update Library"
Video Playlists that are set as TV Shows on the home screen will not let you select "Update Library"

Hoping for a fix for this issue
(2019-02-06, 11:31)Dragoninja Wrote: Thank you.. This is an awesome, clean skin. Working great on my Firestick.

I'm just having one issue. This is my setup.. I seldom update my library with new movies, but often update my library with new tv episodes.

Skin Settings..
Home Menu 1: Movies (pointing to a movies playlist of videos from 3 folders on my NAS)
Home Menu 2: TV Shows (pointing to a tv playlist of videos from 1 folder on my NAS)

Library Settings..
I have setup library settings for Movies to "exclude path from library updates" checked.
I have setup library settings for TV Shows to "exclude path from library updates" unchecked.

Now when I want to update my library (tv shows) I select my Home Menu 2: TV Shows icon (which displays all my shows) and go left to the side menu and down at the bottom there is "Update library" under "Numerical Rating"
Now with my remote (even keyboard when on my pc) the select bar does not go down past the "Numerical Rating", so I can't select "Update library" (it works with a mouse though, but I only use a remote on the Firestick).
But when select my Home Menu 1: Movies icon (which displays all my movies) and go left to the side menu, I can go right down to the bottom and can select "Update Library" and it works.
Now since I have "Update library" selected already and go back right to the Movies section, then back up to the main menu and go to Home Menu 2: TV Shows icon and go left to the sidebar menu again, "Update library" is selected and locked on it, as in, I can't move up in the menu.
The only way to fix it is to back out again, go back into Home Menu 1: Movies, go right on sidebar and move the selector up from "Update library".

Has anyone had this issue before? Is there anything I can do to fix it or is it fault in the skin?

Thanks in advance!

I will look into to this tonight.
(2019-02-06, 11:31)Dragoninja Wrote: Now with my remote (even keyboard when on my pc) the select bar does not go down past the "Numerical Rating", so I can't select "Update library".

I have a similar problem, not being able to go past "Filter", which grabs the focus and never lets go.

Not sure it's a skin related issue, but generally I'd like to be able to scroll up when the top item is selected and having the selection roll around to the last item in the menu, if you know what I mean. Also, every scrollable list should react to pageUp/Down.

@DjCisco, would you prefer opening issues at your github instead of posting into this thread?

(2019-02-06, 15:46)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 11:31)Dragoninja Wrote: Thank you.. This is an awesome, clean skin. Working great on my Firestick.

Skin Settings..

Library Settings..

Thanks in advance!

I will look into to this tonight. 
 Confirmed, Found, corrected!
(2019-02-06, 17:29)Humdinger Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 11:31)Dragoninja Wrote: Now with my remote (even keyboard when on my pc) the select bar does not go down past the "Numerical Rating", so I can't select "Update library".

I have a similar problem, not being able to go past "Filter", which grabs the focus and never lets go.

Not sure it's a skin related issue, but generally I'd like to be able to scroll up when the top item is selected and having the selection roll around to the last item in the menu, if you know what I mean. Also, every scrollable list should react to pageUp/Down.

@DjCisco, would you prefer opening issues at your github instead of posting into this thread? 
 Both here and Github are fine
(2019-02-03, 11:39)Humdinger Wrote: * The Youtube add-on doesn't show a mark for already watched clips. Is there a setting I cannot find?

Done.
(2019-02-03, 11:39)Humdinger Wrote: * It'd be very useful to have the the skip-steps shown when doing the skipping, like "+10" when pressing cursor-right once, "+30" twice, "+60" thrice etc.

Done
(2019-02-03, 11:39)Humdinger Wrote: It'd be nice to have the shutdown menu configurable. I'd especially appreciate being able to switch profiles from there.

There is already an option to log Off, this however only shows up if you have the login screen enabled (which do you under the kodi profile settings. And if you are using profiles this is something that you should use. SO with this you are already able to switch profiles.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17