How I refreshed all my TV shows without user interaction, using AutoHotkey
First off, I just want to say thanks for continuing the development on Ember. For me, it's the best media manager out there.

I use Ember more for TV shows than movies and the one thing I always wished EMM could do was to automatically refresh all my TV shows for me, like the movies section can. Depending on when the scrape is done, there can be missing ratings, air dates, thumbs, etc. The last time I refreshed all my shows, it took 2 or 3 evenings of on-and-off manual scraping, so I decided I would write a script to do it for me. I wrote and ran this last night and woke up this morning to a fully refreshed TV library.

I created a new AutoHotkey script using the contents below, which basically waits for the "TV Image Selection" & "Edit Show - show name" windows, activates them, waits 5 seconds and then clicks the OK button for me. You may need to modify the ahk_class name on a different operating system, but hopefully you get the idea of what worked for me and might find it useful. It could be total overkill, but it's what worked for me Big Grin

Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

Loop
{
IfWinExist, TV Image Selection
{
    Sleep 5000    
    WinActivate  ; Automatically uses the window found above
    Click 744, 469 ; Click OK
}

If WinExist("ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a")
{
    Sleep 5000    
    WinActivate  ; Automatically uses the window found above
    Click 743, 592 ; Click OK
}
}
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
How I refreshed all my TV shows without user interaction, using AutoHotkey - by zerocool_ie - 2014-04-03, 18:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How I refreshed all my TV shows without user interaction, using AutoHotkey0