XBMC Resetting
I have a Geniatech box and XBMC Gotham Beta 3 runs great on it. The only problem I'm having is that EVERY time I turn it off, when I turn it back on the guisettings.xml file and the settings.xml file and the advancedsettings.xml file have been erased and replaced with fresh ones and I'm back in Confluence. I'm getting tired of running XBMC backup every damn time. I've tried the frodo builds and not only are they unbearable - they also do the same thing. I have this issue with 2 Geniatech boxes but I can't find anything about it on Google from anyone else.

So I tried decompiling the Gotham .apk and putting all my settings and whatnot into it and recompiling so that if it reset to the apk's defaults, my settings and menus would still exist. Now, my add-ons and skins do not get erased but my settings still do. I imagine that this has something to do with the first-run script. I will compile from scratch if I have to - but can anyone tell me where this script is located so I can change it to not overwrite my settings files? I'm getting so tired of messing with settings every time I turn it back on...

Any help is appreciated and in the mean time I have emailed MyGica/Geniatech to see if they can offer some insight into why this piece of hardware is behaving this way.
Have you tried updating the firmware for the box? Sounds like the current firmware is messing up permissions.
That is the first thing I did when this problem occurred to no avail. Any other suggestions?
Am I correct in assuming it has something to do with the first-run script?
Can somebody point me in the right direction as to where the "first-run" script is located in the source?
(2014-04-13, 23:27)kodaxx Wrote: Am I correct in assuming it has something to do with the first-run script?

Nope

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Resetting0