OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-06-28, 17:35)calcon79 Wrote: Ok I am following up with my previous post. I think I found a bug. I started with a clean slate. I wiped my card and went back to the official version 4.0.6. I knew at sometime DVDPlayer was working. And sure enough it worked like a charm with a clean slate. That is until I tried playing the Power 90 DVD with the second menu. Once I played that DVD iso the problem came right back and I could no longer play ANY mpeg2 file with DVDPlayer. Somehow that type of DVD is breaking DVDPlayer. Any ideas? Oh and it seems that the ONLY way to get DVDPlayer working again is to start all over gain with formatted SD Card and fresh install and NOT play that DVD iso. Otherwise it works fine. For some reason attempting that particular DVD iso breaks it bad enough that it never works again (no video just audio) on any mpeg2 file. Even if I reboot and even if I re-install the same version or different version of Openelec. Kinda annoying I guess because I wonder if I have any other DVD iso files that can break DVDPlayer like that again. It's not fun having to wipe my Openelec install like that.

BTW since this is happening on the official version where is the right place to report this? I assume the only reason it also happens in the Milhouse Builds is because they are probably based off whatever is also in the offical 4.0.6 build.

As it happens, I just found a copy of "Power 90" DVD ISO (Disc 1 & 2) in my "Things to put off until tomorrow" drawer, and I can reproduce some - but not all - of the above.
  1. If I start the Disc1 ISO (using dvdplayer), I can select a scene from the main menu (eg. "Sweat!", "Sculpt!" or "Ab Ripper 100"), choose music on/off, and the scene plays correctly with both video and audio. Great!
  2. While the scene is playing, in order to return to the main menu I bring up the OSD and choose the "disc menu" icon (the disc shaped icon, far right) at which point the video freezes and the audio (but not video) from the main menu will play - the main menu itself does not appear.
  3. Even though the main menu isn't currently visible, the menu navigation is working as scene selection is possible by pressing "Enter" blindly on the remote - this leads to the music on/off menu appearing, and selecting the "Back" option at this point will result in the main menu finally appearing
  4. If I now select to play another scene, the music menu appears (as expected) and after selecting "On" (or "Off"), the scene will play but only audio is heard, the display continues to show a static music menu. Bringing up the OSD at this point allows me to return to the main menu, which is now displayed correctly (menu appears immediately, along with menu audio).
  5. No further scene videos will now play, only audio will be heard.
  6. Stopping the ISO and resuming playback allows a scene to play normally, until the user navigates past the music menu, after which scene video is broken.
So I'm unable to reproduce your issue that requires the SD card to be wiped and restored (thankfully!)

However there is a problem with video playback of this ISO once the user has made a selection (other than "Back") at the music menu.

For example, there is a scene, "About the supplements", that doesn't include the music menu. This scene can be played repeatedly, and the main menu will always appear when selecting the OSD disc menu icon. It's only once a selection has been made at the music menu that video for subsequent scene selections (including the formerly working "About the supplements" scene) stops working. It's as if dvdplayer has become confused about whether it's showing a menu or not, once the users navigates through the music menu.

When using omxplayer, the only problem is that the music menu doesn't appear at all. After selecting a scene, the display will appear to freeze as this is when the music menu would appear, and by clicking "Enter" blindly on the remote, the music "off" option can be selected and then the selected scene will play normally. Returning to the main menu via the OSD is not a problem. Playing subsequent scenes is also not a problem, it's just the music menu which is broken, which may also explain why it's possible to play more than one scene.

This ISO when played on OE x86 v4.0.5 (Revo 3700) plays absolutely fine, so it seems to be an R-Pi specific issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: - by Mafarricos - 2014-06-04, 20:21
Live tv issues again - by pootler - 2014-06-04, 23:29
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by Milhouse - 2014-06-29, 07:51
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3, - by removed151214 - 2014-08-04, 23:38
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-08-19, 00:11
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-08-21, 20:42
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-09-22, 22:20
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-09-22, 22:34
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-09-22, 22:44
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-09-23, 01:12
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-09-23, 23:24
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-09-25, 01:38
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-10-01, 18:12
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-10-01, 18:26
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-10-05, 01:07
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-10-11, 03:48
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-10-11, 04:06
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 - by removed151214 - 2014-10-11, 11:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8