[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
FernetMenta, I don't know anything about tall buildings etc., but I do know about software design having been in the industry for over 30 years and worked on large mission critical 24/7 systems with many contributors. I don't scare easily, I do understand how much work things can take, and most importantly I am interested enough to try and contribute.

(2015-08-07, 22:29)FernetMenta Wrote: The fact that I respond in this thread states that I am open for discussion.
Good, nice to have some help from a Kodi team member to understand what the problems are. Clearly you do not like the way this project has been implemented, but since it is the obvious starting point for anyone considering dual audio it really would help if you could explain what the flaws are. At least a link to where you have explained before would help.

Perhaps best start from the beginning.
Can we agree that there is a user requirement to be able to send audio to both a TV (audio to the video device) and to another audio device, in such a way that you can switch easily (e.g. single button press) and instantaneously between them, but not necessarily listen to both at the same time. Switching audio output device needs to be controlable without having to turn on the TV (video device), so that if listening to the TV sound was the last use you don't need to turn on the TV to switch audio output to the other audio device.

It seems from this long thread, and others that predate it, that this is a real user need. It is a fundamental need for me and Gurabli at least.

Messages In This Thread
Thank you! - by OCDHD - 2014-06-26, 03:56
Works great! Thank you! - by britishopen93 - 2014-07-18, 12:43
RPi Openelec.. how to.. - by kramegna - 2014-12-03, 17:27
RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - by DaveBlake - 2015-08-08, 14:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9